Sign in to follow this  
C&S Property Services

Big Guy Spray Bar

Greg,

Yeah I would not have a problem with that but mine are less than a year old and one was first time using it. The stripping out of the tips w once my fault but the other there wasnt anything there. And the reducer breaking has me boggled as it looks like something held the bar as it was trying to spin. Again there was nothing there on the concrete to do such a thing.

This just has me really boggled. And I am wondering about having bars fabricated to fit the big guy that will withstand more than the factory ones.

I have never had a problem with the reducer, just hit things sometimes and knock the nozzles out.

Before the Tampa round table 2 years ago, Rex at PWP showed me how to use the locktite and re-use the spray bar if there is still a little bit of thread left in the bar. He said that usually you can do this fix 2 or 3 times then time to throw away the spray bar. I have done this 2 times on the classic bar and 2 times on the big guy bar.

This last time I hit something hard enough that it tore the nozzle and aluminum off the spray bar so I ordered a new spray bar.

I am wondering if the bar itself was just made cheaply or we got defective bars. I couldnt be happier with the machine itself. But when it shuts us down or costs money every time we use it basically makes me wonder. I have 3 sidewinders and one hydrotek (with reclaim) and at most had to replace the swivel after hundreds of hours of usage.

Thanks guys for your answers...

Edited by C&S Property Services

I am wondering if the bar itself was just made cheaply or we got defective bars. I couldnt be happier with the machine itself. But when it shuts us down or costs money every time we use it basically makes me wonder. I have 3 sidewinders and one hydrotek (with reclaim) and at most had to replace the swivel after hundreds of hours of usage.

Thanks guys for your answers...

I have seen pictures of the sidewinders, how good are they?

How much do they cost?

Where do you buy them?

Thanks.

Chris,

I bought mine from Tom Vogel. They are around the 700 mark I think. Call to make sure on that though. I love them other then for the size. Thats the reason we went with the big guy. But if you put 8gpm tips on them you dont have any worries other than holding on. And they are basically indestructable. I have never worried about employees breaking them. Like I said before, other then the swivel (seals) going bad after lots of hours I have never had anything break on them. Maybe thats my disaapointment with the big guy is that I was so used to the sidewinder being so dependable with employees.