Sign in to follow this  
allesnick

Wild Cherry

Question

First time I mixed f18 with house wash mix and was pleasantly suprised with how great the gutters turned out. I've been using F18 for gutter cleaning for about 3 years, but I always applied by brush and then rinsed. I'll be turning 55 this year and any labor I can cut out is a great help. These gutters had the tiger stripes and filthy with black marks and I didn't expect them to come clean but it was late in the day and I was tired so I gave it a try and it worked beautifully. The windows still rinsed well with no streaks and I made sure the plants were watered down. I have a gutter job tommorow and I will take picks, I hope I have the same success.

17 answers to this question

"Wild Cherry" is the simple cherry mixed with F13 according to the directions sheet that came with the simple cherry.

I have recently purchased F13 "gutter grenade", I mixed to twice the strength & brushed and still have trouble removing black streaks from above window trim and some gutters.

Does anyone find that the streaks are more difficult to remove on houses/building near metro airports?

Simple Cherry does rinse easily on glass, when i first purchased it a few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised at its delivery time , poured concentrate on glass and let it to dry during my testing, all I had to do was pour warm water over glass and it was clean, no streaks. Wow!...., in comparison to what i have used before.

I am currently testing the results of the simple cherry concentrate evaporation in a container, to see what type of residue is left in the container and how hard it is to remove. (Mind you I have not added any sodium hypochlorite (bleach) to any of the test solutions /gutter/window trim )

I have also put simple cherry concentrate on a small part of my asphalt driveway and it was the mildest of three house wash concentrates at removing the oils.

Some other house wash mixes does leave a white residue on glass/driveway if dried and the residue is not removed by applying more detergent, or heat , but the white residue forming house wash soaps remove asphalt driveway oil better along with gutter black streaks when concententrated and in some cases when diluted.

Edited by 810F250

When you guy's end up with water spots on glass, do you squeeqe them or just wipe with a lite free rag? I just had a job where the H.O. was very adamente about spotless windows. I used a squeege & she was happy. Collected $ & said thank you.

Window cleaners use squeegees so I do not see why that would be a problem. A question I do have is do you guys charge extra to wash the windows as far as going up and cleaning them by hand with a window cleaner and squeegee?

I found f13 a great product, however its tough on glass

What effects do you notice?..... just tested it this past weekend in a house wash mix including simple cherry and bleach (outdoor), seemed fine on the glass . (at double the recommended dosage)

When you guy's end up with water spots on glass, do you squeeqe them or just wipe with a lite free rag? I just had a job where the H.O. was very adamente about spotless windows. I used a squeege & she was happy. Collected $ & said thank you.

Had to polish a bank of glass windows one time on a sunroom because of the film I left,... OMG

Window cleaners use squeegees so I do not see why that would be a problem. A question I do have is do you guys charge extra to wash the windows as far as going up and cleaning them by hand with a window cleaner and squeegee?

Why not

Yes, we offer window cleaning as an upcharge service. We either do them with a squeegee or a water fed pole system.

It's good to give the homeowner a choice. If they are happy with cleaner windows that come from a thorough housewash then why should they have to pay for window cleaning? Conversely, if they want spotless windows we are happy to offer that service.

Shawn- please complete you signature with your company name and contact info.

Edited by Thad

I found f13 a great product, however its tough on glass

Awesome on gutters but I do everything I can to keep it off the glass.

Please complete your signature, Dave.

House rules.

Awesome on gutters but I do everything I can to keep it off the glass.

Please complete your signature, Dave.

House rules.

Thad what effect does it have on glass?

Thad what effect does it have on glass?

It will streak it up if you don't rinse it off. It's not made to clean glass.

I don't use Wild Cherry (or its original name, Cherry Bomb. You know, Cherry+Grenade) for regular house washing. If I have dirty gutters I put a few ounces of F-13 in a couple of gallons of water and brush. The only time I downstream it is on painted metal roofs.

"Wild Cherry" is the simple cherry mixed with F13 according to the directions sheet that came with the simple cherry.

I have recently purchased F13 "gutter grenade", I mixed to twice the strength & brushed and still have trouble removing black streaks from above window trim and some gutters.

Does anyone find that the streaks are more difficult to remove on houses/building near metro airports?

Simple Cherry does rinse easily on glass, when i first purchased it a few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised at its delivery time , poured concentrate on glass and let it to dry during my testing, all I had to do was pour warm water over glass and it was clean, no streaks. Wow!...., in comparison to what i have used before.

I am currently testing the results of the simple cherry concentrate evaporation in a container, to see what type of residue is left in the container and how hard it is to remove. (Mind you I have not added any sodium hypochlorite (bleach) to any of the test solutions /gutter/window trim )

I have also put simple cherry concentrate on a small part of my asphalt driveway and it was the mildest of three house wash concentrates at removing the oils.

Some other house wash mixes does leave a white residue on glass/driveway if dried and the residue is not removed by applying more detergent, or heat , but the white residue forming house wash soaps remove asphalt driveway oil better along with gutter black streaks when concententrated and in some cases when diluted.

Here are the pollution marks I was talking about guys.

Below are photos of a test done with F13 at about 3:1. (Water:F-13)

great foaming

had to let it dwell, and brush again

This had been painted 2 years ago (Duron weather shield)

Material, decorative foam

Veneer stone wall above, no gutters above it.

post-1524-137772379694_thumb.jpg

Edit 2 (04/25/11): Gutters on house only 4 years old, not much of an oxidation layer, .......but tiger stripes visible, (wipped clean with Envirospec Emulsifier Plus at 2 years old)

F-13 worked great on gutters, on the same side of the house where these photos were taken, but it did not work nearly as quick on these pieces of trim.

I have to also say that I experimented with Sunbrite Power House undiluted, it cleaned the gutters at the same ease as F-13 and also cut these streaks of faster than the above used dilution of F-13, almost 1/3 the time with less brushing.

post-1524-137772379768_thumb.jpg

There is one more test I could not draw a full conclusion on,

I had the same type of streaks on the bottom of a foyer window trim (White Plastic...PVC), I started using Power House undiluted and brushing the PVC while on the metal roof (came off but with more difficulty than the painted foam trim {had to apply more pressure to brush strokes...also white residue came of ...plastic oxidation layer}, I came off the roof and started rinsing, after first rinse, noticed I missed a spot {4 to 5 streaks} used the Power House but this time from the top of the ladder as the roof was wet and non textured, it was a pain to get it to the quality as the first cleaning.

I wondered if for this type of surface and pollutants, the Power House had to get on the surface when it was dry to have better efficiency at its removal.{however for the gutter it did not matter if it was wet first of not, I tried it both ways}

Seems like that type of surface and stain combination was at the upper cleaning capacity of Power House, and you have to let it get at the pollutants before anything else does.

no bleach was used in testing.

Hope this is helpful.

Edit3(04/26/11): Opps! looked from the inside out at the foyer window, white marks, just above the stains where the brush overlaped onto the glass. Looks like it may come off with a wipe, will try various methods and report my findings.

post-1524-137772379654_thumb.jpg

post-1524-137772379729_thumb.jpg

Edited by 810F250
edit1 sp; edit2,edit3

I clean my gutters first with a brush and f13. I've found that if I miss some and it dries, my house wash mix takes it right off.

When one used pure water for cleaning the windows then only one can get spotless windows otherwise if the pure water is not in the pure state then it absorbs dirt particles while cleaning process. When it is done then the window glass is rinsed with water absorber pad to give the window glass a hygienic look.

-----------------

Window Cleaning Dublin