Sign in to follow this  
Emminz

BBQ grill cleaning

Question

Has anyone added BBQ grill cleaning to their deck or house wash services? There is a company in my area that specializes in grill cleaning, so there must be some market. Thought it would be an easy add on service espically if you have a hot water machine. Wasn't sure if anyone has a refined process before I go the trial and error route.

Thanks

Scott

9 answers to this question

I've cleaned my grill numerous times. I soaked the porcelain covered grates in plastic tub with a caustic soda solution and downstreamed caustic all over and in the grill. then rinsed. Cleaned up nice and easy.

Clean um?!?!? That's seasoning youre taking off! I tell my wife that it's flavor added. Wouldn't be a decent grill if it didn't have a few layers of history

I've cleaned my grill numerous times. I soaked the porcelain covered grates in plastic tub with a caustic soda solution and downstreamed caustic all over and in the grill. then rinsed. Cleaned up nice and easy.

Yep, apply with sprayer, let dwell and power wash off.

I can't see there being much of a profit in that, I mean how much is someone going to pay to have their Webber cleaned; twenty dollars? I'm sure most of here have a minimum of a 100 dollars to show up at customer's house. Just my thoughts.

I can't see there being much of a profit in that, I mean how much is someone going to pay to have their Webber cleaned; twenty dollars? I'm sure most of here have a minimum of a 100 dollars to show up at customer's house. Just my thoughts.

haha yeah. My last neighbor had a huge one built in permanently encased in brick that he did event cooking with. Other than big grills and close by or already working on-site it's pretty much pointless to do this :D

That was one of my thoughts too. I haven't figured out the economics yet, but I wouldn't do this as a stand alone service, just as an add on while we're there for the deck or house. There is a company local to me that does this as a stand alone service. I think they charge $120. I have no idea how well they are doing.