Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

X-jet tip

Question

I saved myself about 20 min per house with this new technique so I thought I'd share it. I use a portable washer for my house washes and it became a pain in the ass to constantly fill the 5 gal bucket w/ either the faucet on the other side of the house, then carry the heavy bucket all the way around or pop off the gun and fill it with the high press hose, but then I started going through o-rings like crazy. So here's what I did: I attached a dual ball valve y connect to the water hose intake. I reattached the quick release for the water hose, then on the other side I clamped on a 1" clear hose and zip-tied it up and around to the back of the handle. On the end I clamped a pvc elbow. Now when I fill my bucket, I plop it under the washer handle, hit the left ball valve and it's full in about 10 sec. I hope this makes someone's life easier.

9 answers to this question

My x-jet tip. I sometimes remove the pvc hose from the x-jet while rinsing. If I am rinsing a large area, it is easier to remove it, than to drag it around with me.

The tip is - if you do this, make sure you close to shut off valve. If you don't a siphon could be created, and you will empty your bucket of soap. One bad experience taught me this. Undiluted bleach & grass do not mix.

I just discovered rinsing with the hose off. Much better then dragging that 15' hose around. I was thinking of attatching a 30' hose and maybe using velcro straps to hold it to my pressure line so they don't get tangled. The one thing I don't like is the x-jet swivels freely off the end of the gun and I have a difficult time directing my stream sometimes. I'm thinking the velcro idea might help with keeping it stable as well......or at least semi-stable.

Use the velcro idea to strap a portion of the hose to the wand...that should reduce the swivel quite a bit (I use the plastic ties like they use on Cops when they arrest a car load of teenagers and line them up on the street).