Sign in to follow this  
ahiggins

ez 4040...worth rebuilding or buy new?

Hey all,

I just purchased a plastic media/alox sandblasting business and a 13hp honda hot water pressure washer with a General ez 4040 pump was in the deal. I use it to clean grease off parts before blasting so the media is not contaminated. I know this set up is a toy to all of you but it is all i need. My problem is the pump leaks a fair amount of oil on the frame and is coming out the bottom of the pump. I can't be sure the original owner made sure the oil was to the dot every time. It seems to work fine. My question is, is it worth rebuilding the pump or does is make more sense to buy just the pump and transfer all the parts to the new one. I'm new to the site and I never imagined there was so much to pressure washing. Glad I found you all. Thanks for your help.

Yeah...I figured a rebuild would be close to what a new one would cost. I didn't price parts but new is the way to go. Thanks.

With the term"EZ" in the name, it has to be assumed that replacement is the smart choice.

One of my machines has an EZ4040 on it. It's never given any problems and it gets worked pretty hard. General makes a decent pump. It's a good idea to have an extra in the truck just in case a problem arises in the field. They onle tkak 10 minutes to replace and the cost is rather cheap.

I agree with the others. If my pressure washer is loosing psi due to worn seals in my pumps I repair them with new seals, rings etc. If my General pumps are loosing pump oil it's usually more pricey to fix. Just buy another pump online. There are a number of quality companies with low prices.