Sign in to follow this  
mlaurenza

Hydrotek Pressure Washer

Does anyone use a hydrotek pressure washer model HD15002E1C? I recently purchased one and I am having an issue with some restaurants with water pressure. The machine requires 35 psi of positive water flow just to turn on...when there isnt enough positive flow the machine only runs at about 800 psi and its supposed to be a 1500 psi machine...I was wondering if anyone has the same issues..

Firstly, are you positive that you have the correct tip in the gun?

Here's the breakdown for your machine...

http://www.hydrotek.us/expviews/HD%20DIRECT%20DRIVE.pdf

Item 13 is the switch responsible for starting the machine.

I'd take the hose off the barb (14), check for good flow.

Next, unscrew the cap on the flow switch (13) and check the piston inside for ease of movement. It may be jammed up, impeding flow.

If everything looks okay there, the next check would be the injector on the pump outlet.

Pardon me for butting in but shouldn't a regular spigot be putting out 80-90psi? 35 psi would only be 2? gallons per minute? Perhaps I don't understand the term "positive water flow".

It says it's belt driven. You could build a 5 or 20 gallon buffer tank?

Tip size is a 3.0 or a 2.5....I have not yet tried to check the flow switch at the inlet side of the pump...The unit is a direct drive style...I had spoken with Hydrotek reguarding this issue and they claim a float tank will not work on this machine...I am not sure the float tank will work because of the flow switch that turns the machine on and off or what...I can remove the flow switch if I have to but I dont know if the pump will syphon in the water needed to run at the full 1500 psi...They claim a belt drive style machine is the only machine that will syphon in the water...