Sign in to follow this  
Guy B

Trailer Rebuild...And So It Begins

Wanted to post this for all of the TGS friends. I posted this on a couple of other forums for folks looking to rebuild they're trailers.

Well got some time to start tearing down the unit I bought in Fla. last year.

It's 5'1/2 x 12' there will be a 8 gpm hot skid up front, 8 gpm cold on the back, 4 Titan reels hanging from the rack (2 high psi, 1 roof, 1 fill) 525 gal tank, air gaped hydrant fill to tank, roof rig, 2...35gal chem tanks, 1... chem 50gal tank. Trailer brakes all the way around.

Had my good Friend & Great American "Dale Ray" replace some angle and channel iron, re-weld a few things, and should be finished tomorrow. Then it's off to be sand blasted and painted with epoxy primer and polyurethane PPG paint.

Kind of undecided on paint color, but it will be bright and eye catching for sure..................Any Color Suggestions??

Also if you were building this trailer, what else would you add to it??

post-6071-137772391381_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772391371_thumb.jpg

New metal welded in, reinforced fenders. Off to be sand blasted and painted. Had Keith at KBK designed the signs. Dang this thing is costing an arm and a leg, and I don't even have the wood for the bed, lights or chrome rims yet.

But this thing will be Bad To The Bone and functional too!! thumbsup.gif

post-6071-137772391393_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772391402_thumb.jpg

Should be sand blasted & painted next. Went with epoxy primer and polyurethane Red PPG paint. $500.00 in primer & paint. 1 gal primer...2 gal paint. My hip pocket is hurting, and I'm not even done yet. Here's whats left to buy.

Boards

New roof rig (Bob)

8 gpm cold PP (Bob)

2...35 gal chem tanks

1...50 gal chem tank

sch 80..2" pvc for hydrant fill

2" pvc valve

2" cam locks (for fire hose)

20 gal fuel tank

That's just off the top of my head!

modify_inline.gif

Ok now it's wired. All of the lights are LED except for fender lights. Grounds for lights and brakes. All 4 wheels have brakes. 95% of the wiring is encased in flex tubing. Wiring is a "Weak Link" as far as trailers, so I wanted to do what I could to prevent problems down the road. You'll notice wires are run through metal tubing coming from the front, through the angle to the back. Then 3 pieces of metal tubing support the flex tubing across the back to the other side.

Added an LED light strip to the back for extra visibility, I'm sure I'll be replacing this frequently.

Bed will be put in this weekend.

post-6071-137772392694_thumb.jpg

post-6071-13777239266_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772392669_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772392677_thumb.jpg

post-6071-137772392686_thumb.jpg

very nice rig,it turned out quite slick!

O she's not finished yet, just haven't had time to complete yet...almost there though. Custom fab polished aluminum fuel tank should be in tomorrow.

O she's not finished yet, just haven't had time to complete yet...almost there though. Custom fab polished aluminum fuel tank should be in tomorrow.

Nice touch polished aluminum

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.009542,-118.497217

Ron ********** text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk