Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

Xjet

Question

Hello to all,

I recently tried out my xjet that I finally purchased about a week ago.

I have a few questions. I read the instructions and decide to play with it last night on my own home. I have a 3000 psi 5 gpm hot/cold

Why did the xjet empty a five gallon bucket in about 3 min?. I did not use any of the little proportioners that came with it and believe this is why it went so fast. I am still learning this bus. such as the draw rates, ratio's and proportioners.

I read my instructions and came back to the past post to read up on the xjet.

If I do not use any of the proportioners and use the jet wide open,the xjet will spray 2:1 ratio. Does this mean for ever two gallons of water it will use 1 gallon of cleaning solutions? According to the instructions they suggest using the 16.1 or 13.1 porportioners. What you pwer's with years of experience using and would like to share info with?

By using it wide open I see that I will go thru much more chemicals than using my downstream injector. I know that downstreamindg dilutes the chems and decrease the cleaning power am I correct? I use a extension wand on housecleaning and think this xjet will help me cut down on time spent cleaning the homes.

I think I really need to mix my limolene per instructions but it say to use 1/2 pound to per gallon and I guesstimate the mixiing sins I do not have a scaleand this is probably why I have to use my tips to pressure wash the siding.

I read on the BB's that guys use their xjets, spray ;et dwell and then rinse off. They say the chems does all the work. I am still trying to figure out how that works to eliminate having to clean each row with tips.

Any help this board can give me concerning the cleaning and the xjet techninques I would be greatful.

I know this should be something that I should comprehend but I guess I started on my own and still much to learn.

10 answers to this question

I have a 20 gal tank on a dolly that I drag around with the x-jet. I use it wide open without proportioners and yes, I do believe it's 2 parts water to one chemical. I use Emulsifier plus from envirospec with bleach, diluted 1 part water to 1 part bleach before x-jetting. This is all you need to watch all the junk disinigrate before your eyes in a few minutes. After you learn it, houses are the fastest money makers around. Getting a house job is like winning the lottery with an x-jet. Nick

I have a 5gpm pump and have been using the xjet for the last 7 months. I carry a 15 gallon container around on a dolly. That 15 gallons container will last me just enough for the entire home. This is usually good enough for a 1500 - 2500 sq. ft. home, however I've made it work for a 2800 sq. ft. home that wasn't very dirty. As for a 5 gallon bucket with a 5gpm pump, I don't see it happening, you will need a bigger bucket in my opinion. I also use the xjet w/o any proportioner tips.

John W.

Superior Pressure Washing

Atlanta, GA

I do not use proportioners either. I tried using a 15gal container on a dolly but I didnt like it. If the yard was hilly or had objects in the way of the dolly it was a pain. I carry a 5 gallon container with 20ft of chemical hose. On a house say 2000sqft I only use one 5 gallon container. Sometimes I may have to fill a second container to finish but not all the time. I have a 5 gpm machine. I use to use 2-3 5 gallon containers when I started. Practice makes perfect. If you use the right house wash it does not take alot to get the house clean.

The proportioners can really slow a job down, but you can still mimick their use by adjusting the in-line on/off valve on the solution line. The closer you move it to "off" position, the more restrictive the valve becomes for flow and the greater the water:chemical ratio becomes. It's also nice because a slight turn can quickly and easily increase or decrease the flow concentration and you can see immediate results.

I recently bought some equipment from a guy in New Jersey who went out of business, His X-Jet set up was the best I have seen and I have it installed on one of my trailer rigs. Heres the Deal. On a hose reel he has 200 feet of X-Jet tubing hose (1/2 diameter) with fittings on the end with a gate valve to attach an X-Jet. The hose reel is attached an ON Demand 12 volt sureflow pump that drafts my soap mixture out of a 30 gallon tank on my trailer. It work really nice... I can even X-Jet soap off of the end on my extension wand. It knocks an hour off of my house jobs... And is a lot less work

I recently bought some equipment from a guy in New Jersey who went out of business, His X-Jet set up was the best I have seen and I have it installed on one of my trailer rigs. Heres the Deal. On a hose reel he has 200 feet of X-Jet tubing hose (1/2 diameter) with fittings on the end with a gate valve to attach an X-Jet. The hose reel is attached an ON Demand 12 volt sureflow pump that drafts my soap mixture out of a 30 gallon tank on my trailer. It work really nice... I can even X-Jet soap off of the end on my extension wand. It knocks an hour off of my house jobs... And is a lot less work

That's a great setup, but I usually change my solution percentage per side of the house. In example, if the house is only moldy on one side I use about 2 gal of bleach for that side and 1 gal bleach for the sides that really are not that dirty, plus when people have untreated decks I minimize the solution so the deck doesn't get bleached.

Matt,

I am glad that is working out great for you. My helper this past year came up with that idea and it worked out really great as you can see.

Good luck

The only drawback I see on that is it sounds like you have both your pressure washing hose and x-jet hose strung out all around the house to be reeled up later. I have a hard enought time keeping my 25 feet of x-jet hose free of my PW hose. I find it really easy to jump my 20 gal dolly off the trailer, throw a few jugs of bleach and soap in with a little water and drag it around the house at most half full. Pop it back on the trailer, roll up 25 feet of x-jet and my PW hose and I'm done.

You can get the dolly with the tank about anywhere (envirospec, watercannon)

Nick

Nick,

I used to use the dolly method and I have found that keeping it on the trailer works better for me. You are correct about the extra hose being out there but it just worked better for me doing this way.