Sign in to follow this  
Wayne G.

5000psi ball valve problem

On occasions when I am running 8 or 9 gpm and 3500psi with spikes higher than that when the gun is closed. I am having a big problem finding a two way 3/8” carbon steel ball valve that can handle that. I have some 6000 PSI Alco PB3NS-LS which are OK but they are $100/ea and I have to order two at a time.I use Parker valves for my lower pressure apps with good success. However, their valve with these specs is no good. Does anybody know of anyone else who makes a good 5000-6000 psi valve?

I've never had problems with the regular ones but if you are that rough on them they sell full stainless steel valves. Paul K was talking about it in Tampa which is the only reason I know. His site is www.powerwashstore.com the stainless part# is 3010 and the regular carbon steel high pressure is 3036

5-6 k valve??? Why? I think the prob you're having may be the quality of valve you're using now,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original high pressure ball valves seem to hold up better than the cheap plated steel ones(shiny outside). They are a little more expensive but are worth the money (about $5-10 more). The handles are better and don't fall off (unless you loose the screw) and they don't get stiff or seize up quickly like the cheap ones do.

I think you need to solve the spiking issue to eliminate your problems though. If your pressure is spiking that high you need to adjust your unloader because you are damaging more than just the ball valve, each spike is wearing on your packings and more. Your unloader should be set to bypass no higher than a few hundred psi more than your max operating pressure.