Sign in to follow this  
DownandDirty

Burn holes?

What is the best way to fix burn holes in carpet? I live in apartment and need to repair a few burn holes and all the carpet is the same color. All the burn holes are about the size of a pen or cigarette. I would like to take care of the prep work over the next few months and might hire a company to do the cleaning because I don't want to spend a whole day cleaning carpets.

What is the best way to fix burn holes in carpet? I live in apartment and need to repair a few burn holes and all the carpet is the same color. All the burn holes are about the size of a pen or cigarette. I would like to take care of the prep work over the next few months and might hire a company to do the cleaning because I don't want to spend a whole day cleaning carpets.

cut out the burn mark and find an area of carpet that none will notice if u slice a peice away preferably deep inside a dark closet or maybe a utility closet cut a small patch the size of the hole u made where the burn mark was super glue around the edges of the backing and fit into place! done this many of times and if done right nobody will ever know!

Can it be powerwashed? This site deal with powerwashing and related issues. I bet you could find something on Youtube that would you how to do it right. I can tell you that many years ago I rented an apartment in Ohio and had to have this done due to a small paint stain on the carpet. I hired a local company and they cut a small section from a closet and used that for a patch. It only took them a few minutes and the job looked 100 percent perfect.