Sign in to follow this  
810F250

120V Power, Portable Generators, Genset

Whats the scoop on generators?

Been looking at generators, and did not realize that there were so many different models and features today.

The better ones have OHV and low oil shutdown (almost standard now), there is so much more beyond that to consider,

Full pressure lubricated engines

Lighted controls

Power use indicators

Idle control

Noise

..... something that got me thinking that possibly caused the short lived life of my portable fluorescent worklight (not the bulbs the circuitry)...........

"clean power" ........the power distortion from these gensets, can they prematurely kill burner motors? The generator speeding up and down caused by the changing engine rpm when the trigger is pulled and released.

Is it worth while to install a power line filtering/cleaning device before plugging up my burner motor and other electrical devices?

I have the old style (Wanco) Voltmaster AB25 on my hot water machine, which is brushless, I now see that they have a new and improved model AB30-Hydro (it is suppose to take care of the issue I mentioned above), wonder why Voltmaster moved from brushless to brushed for our application (pressure washing).

Meanwhile Winco Inc always had a brushed gen 2FSM2PC-1 pw application, why? (The manufacturer names are close, "Wanco Inc" and "Winco Inc", whats up with that?)

Was there an issue with the old model AB25 voltmasters?

What is the AB25 life expectancy?

Edited by 810F250
added