Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

pine needles in pool screen

Question

A while back some one asked about pine needles in screens. I had a chance to do one that had a needle sticking through just about every single hole! I used my roto max to clean it after scraping off the acumulation from the top. I worked like a charm. The needles just fly out. I kept the tip at least a foot away from the screen to avoid damage.

I couldnt believe the weight of this pile hadnt broken through on its own.

I used an extension wand for above the pool. Man are my neck and shoulders tired.

4 answers to this question

What a nightmare! That was me who posted the thread that you were refering to. How long did it take you to clear that one? I would have never thought that you could use a rotary nozzle without either blowing the screen out from sheer force or eating it up with pressure, but if you say it works without damage I may have to expeirement. I encounter those pretty regularly and cringe everytime I see one like that. I guess you have to take the difficult as well as the gravy. So far, those are things that I hate to do the most on residential jobs.

about 3.5 hours. did gutters too, they had 6 inch ferns growing out about every 6 inches. absolutely packed full of roots and needles.

total on the job 5.5 hours.