Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

Fraud

I was ripped off for an item on ebay, and was wondering if they were the type of company that would track someone down for a situation such as this. I have already contacted the attorney general's office in that area, but they don't care. If I could find the person I would have a better time dealing with the problem without paying lawyer fees.

What was the item and how much was it for? Ebay can usually help out with this stuff a bit. You can also give them a rip off review too.

If it was for pw stuff who was it? just so they don't burn anyone else.

Ebay has traditionally stonewalled any efforts to go after fraudulent sellers....they used to block their account from buying/selling until it was resolved, but over the past few years they have gotten too big too fast.

How did you pay? There are some other ways of going after them, like through the postal service if you mailed a check to them for an item you never received.

The item was a 13hp pw'r. I paid through paypal(they recovered 9 dollars for me "thanks"). The item was over the limit that ebay would insure or whatever. The username was whiterodeo2001 but I got them removed from ebay immediately. I bought the item minutes before they got some really bad feedback. Was that the same item tim? If it was then you should of out bid me!! :)

I got burned from a TGI FRIDAYS we were doing alot of maintenance work for them, worked 3 weeks and the gm only paid us for 2 weeks worth a work, I called the coorperate office and they dont want to hear crap. The sad thing is the GM called me back 3days ago and wondered how to turn on the water supply on the outside so he can c lean his awnings. I was speechless, I didnt know what to say, you cheated me and now you are looking for advice.

This used to be part of the thread in the Library about Reign In Your Receivables. We were off topic, and also we wish to try to keep the articles in the library as just that - articles, so we have moved some of the response comments.

Enjoy.

Beth :groovy3: