Sign in to follow this  
John T

Profit v.s. Not for profits

Question

Which type of org. If any would you rather join.. A not for profit org or a for profit org?..

Edited by John T

31 answers to this question

I am glad i don't waste my money on this mess too political for me. Just simply a money racket.The big wigs benefit off the little guys in turn they market more restrictions in turn more small guys come in to learn how to get around these restrictions and the big vendors are suddenly there waiting to hook the little guy for all your buck...the sewage plant dumps more waste and crap in our rivers and oceans then any pressure washer will amount to.Now don't get me wrong containment is nice and in some cases necessary...but our biggest problems is the equipment we use that puts out more pollutants then any power washing will ever do.

Regulations is just a fancy word to make money for non profits AND profits.The profits make it for there self with the benefits of staying ahead of the game and the non profits is the same but in a secretive fashion making there profits through vendors and selling paper. All a waste of time and money in my opinion.

Hey here is an idea lets invent a wand to magically make the pollutants that we remove to save our environment just disappear.

A carpet van for example where does there waste go ......while they are driving it is dumping...and the street sweepers where does it go...in a dumpster and drains out in the lot.....and many business dump there mop water right out the back door.....you can go on and on and on about the problems with our environment.The more we make things to clean the environment and protect the more we pollute it.Yes the factory that makes the equipment to protect our environment is polluting to make it and yes the ones claiming green drives down the road in there gas/Diesel machine and fires up there gas/Diesel machines and all those machine already polluted the air when they where made.

The problem with environment is only one simple thing HUMAN BEINGS. Cut humans down and pollution goes down.

All the waste contained still goes to the environment or do they store it in barrels like nuclear waste?

My opinion don't go for neither but do the right thing for sure be honest and respect your fellow human and simply do the right thing..you know right and wrong just do it you don't need no fancy place telling how and what to do when you simply already know...don't forget everything non profit or profit is about the money...fact!!

Yep...we have been our own worst enemy. Ours is the only industry that has had no voice. That'll change soon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yep...we have been our own worst enemy. Ours is the only industry that has had no voice. That'll change soon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Dougs right... It's going to change soon from a couple of different area's.

You need people supporting you and each other or the Gov't will cripple you. The plan from the people I talk to is to keep you out of the gov't mess by being a few steps ahead of them the smart way and you can back it up if called to the carpet.

Hey Marco if you can keep going at it alone and your doing fine.... Keep doing what works best for ya. In the commercial field it's getting crazy every where..

John I retire from bantering about nothing.

I'll make this clear, I do not hate the trade association or anyone involved.

Some have simply lost my trust to work with them. It's personal between me and them.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do John , I deeply sorry you keep affecting our friendship we have had for 11 years.

Stop making me out to be a pr-ck because I gracefully turned Linda's plaque down. I appreciate what you and her did. I also wanted to personally thank her. You didn't even want to send me her email. So thanks anyways John but stop already.

Get some sleep it's late in new York .

If you want to discuss profit non profit I'll be happy to. If you keep wanting to paint this hatred picture I'm done.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

There is no hatred Ron. I'm not making u to be a pr-ck. Your unhappy with the PWNA and I'm sure you have your reasons but give them a chance. There's plenty of new guys in there that weren't in the picture way back when. I remember Dan Galvin when I was on the board with Brian Penney. Dan was just a member then who liked the organization life. I don't remember Eric Clark and I think Charlie Arnold was just a PWMA Member also.

Paul Horsley gives the PWNA his all. Did you know he is the longest serving board member in there history.. Probably 13 yrs now and he travels all the way from Canada. That man is dedicated.

If you think they don't care about this org. And seeing it succeed this is where you have it wrong. You were also offered a co vice chair awhile back and I called you on that to reconsider.. So no one hates you.

We all get past the negative stuff and many of us been there including yours truly. It's at least for me time to let all that go. It gets this industry absolutely no where to fight with each other so I gave up on that. It's not about what org is better or who sucks what.... This country is cracking at the seems from top to bottom... We are not each others enemies..

My enemy list is zero in this industry. I already have spoke to everyone who I may have clashed with in the past. All of my clashes were really because of passion and at times to much so.. So I learned. I am 100% supportive now of the PWNA because they now work for me where I can push them thru on the inside a little more when that time comes. the ***** I hope they can rebound and for your info I already knew they had there ducks lined up when you were jokingly saying your were going to by them when you put those pictures right smack in the middle of my Linda Ruth threads there.

I've spoken to Carlos a few times since then and no one wants to play games anymore. Where all knuckling down for what lays ahead and it's not a pretty site... So no Ron I wish you luck... And if I Didn't give a smack about you I would have never kept after you to take that plaque when it was yours in the first place and I would've never kept after you to call Allison so ask her if it was worth it for you to take the gift.... That was for you Ron because I knew you were making a huge mistake there because you got bent over a few things...

So you can't say I didn't try... You should look at Allisons Article again and look at the pain in my eyes when I'm still putting the plaques together. That was within a couple of hours before I left for Nashville... And Kathy was upstairs crying her eyes out over what was going on with her father. He died less then a week later... But I still carried on because it was the right thing to do.

Sunday at the Convetion my wife gets the call I hope no one ever gets and that was for her to authorize a DNR on her dying father......

So it was hell... But ask anyone who was there if I hit the speech right out of the park. Some others lost love ones in th same time frame Ron... It was emotional but when I know I have something so right... It's easy to explain it.

I wish there was a video because you could have seen what I had all along... And it's magical.. And just yesterday another wild spiritual thing happened that has my family pleasantly surprised and Linda does not know this yet. Jim Gamble knows this because he just happened to call me right after it happened. Maybe I should have never taken the unauthorized picture of Jesus Christ Rock he moved that got everyone thrown out of there back in the early 80's in

Jerusalem.

So who knows... But where not enemies.

Finally where back on the same page. That's all it's about anyway.. Supporting contractors and in my case the same goes for Vendors who spend the money for us to make our shows so successful.. The goal is for me to help the PWNA get at least another 600 members to reach that thousand mark. Soon thereafter the Conventions will be come much larger and possibly cheaper for the contractors to attend with so much more benefits at there disposal. It will happened. And it's all going to be good. Just don't start throwing your shoes at George Bush Jr's head..lol