Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Our city has been hit... AGAIN

Question

In June we were visited by two tornados, huge damage. September we had a hurricane, more damage. Saturday night came an early unexpected snow/ice storm, 12 inches of snow with downed trees and powerlines everywhere. We haven't had power since Saturday and do not expect it back until next Saturday. The lines at the gas stations are backed a quarter mile or so; unbelievable. Except for fire and police the city is shut down for at least a week. I'm lucky to have a big generator I use to power lights while powerwashing Burger Kings after closing hours and plenty of gasoline, it keeps the house lighted, freezers cold and the HAM radios charged. Also runs the dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer, etc. The gas fireplace is keeping my home warm and gas hot water for nice showers. I ran power to the internet router and the net came on. Couldn't believe it. Life in New England; unhooking my powerwash trailer to mount the snowplow. I'll be back to finish the powerwash season later this week.

post-2213-137772406681_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772406779_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772406823_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Power is back but I kinda enjoyed living with the basics. I loved not hearing that stupid TV running 24/7 in most rooms of the house; I'm going to hate it when things get back to normal.

Just got power back last night, picked up a generator , I have a Jack Russell doggy also, went snow shoeing already, spent another night in a hot tub for a few hours . Snow is not melting on the north side of roofs and I had a bunch to do. Still can't drive Box truck down the street due to the wires hanging.

We need to get away from the primitive power lines and bury them.....no more power outages due to weather. Glad you are looking at this in a posituve way...all we all can do is ride this ride.