Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Hey how you all been

Question

Hi everyone, I haven't been on TGS in quite a while. I had trouble logging on a while back and just never tried again.

Got a million old posts to look over, anybody want to talk about multi unit washing?

Hope everyone is doing great and had a good year.

Life is Good.

Jeff

6 answers to this question

What's up, Jeff?

We're working on a three story complex right now, racing the cold and wind.

Cool. How many buildings. Wind is crazy today, was going to work tomorrow but called it off. Suppose to be 22-28 mph winds

Good luck on the project

Howdy Jeff.. Without counting family stuff we did a couple of roofs this week along with some other residential closeouts and one commercial store. My inlaws who were here live an hour and a half away and there area lost power for days and had up to 19 inches of snow. Has anyone seen Al Gore??

Cool. How many buildings. Wind is crazy today, was going to work tomorrow but called it off. Suppose to be 22-28 mph winds

Good luck on the project

16 buildings. We can only work on one building a day due to tenant logistics (per management). The bad news is that most of them aren't completely lift accessible. The good news is that we can hit it all fron the ground as long as the wind isn't too crazy.

Edited by Thad
Typo

16 buildings. We can only work on one building a day due to tenant logistics (per management). The bad news is that most of them aren't completely lift accessible. The good news is that we can hit it all fron the ground as long as the wind isn't too crazy.

One building a day. Heck my crew would be home by 9:30 am LOL

Is it one building a day because you wouldn't be able to finish two buildings in a day? Or just one building because thats all they are allowing. Never heard of such a PITA thing. Have to go to the same job site 16 different days, thats a lot of travel time and gas expense. You had to rent a lift for at least 16 day, wow!!!!!!

I have had a couple managers try to slow things down simular to that. I showed them let us do it our way say for $5000 or their way for $7000, they usually will see the light when its explained to them the right way

I just had to explain a job, they only wanted us filling our tanks at the clubhouse off one hose bib and every unit had water hose bibs, but people complained in past years. I suggested getting one owner per building to allow us to use their water. The property was use to one man pressure washing companies. It would have cost them a few thousand more to do it their way. We can not use hydrants in this county plus we would of been there a couple weeks with a much smaller crew, our way its a 3 day project

Edited by Jeff