Sign in to follow this  
PATZPW

Did He Say Green Brick?

Question

YES, I SAID GREEN BRICK, NO MOLD OR MILDEW THE COLOR OF THE BRICK IS GREEN. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PRODUCT THAT MIGHT DISSOLVE THE COLORED COATING OF THIS 70'S ERA BRICK? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOMED

it took me a minute to figure out what this little guy is doing. :vroom:

5 answers to this question

The Green Is Consistant Accross The Lower Front Of The House, However I Can See A Orangeish/brownish Underneath The Green. Anything I Might Be Able To Use In Test Area? Or Is The Color Burned Into The Brick?

If it isn't supposed to be green, there are a couple of companies out there that have products that will restore the brick back to the color it's supposed to be. By chance, did you dig below the ground line and look at it or stick your head under the house to see what the other side looks like?

Celeste

Hey Celeste, I think Saferestore (I haven't properly thanked you for that tip yet) does something like that. In their sample pamphlet, it shows restoration of brick back to original color. It foams up and takes just about anything off any masonry surface that can come up (even rust and copper stains on concrete as I experienced personally). You also don't need a respirator or gloves to use it either.

Patz, I would get a hold of eacochem and first ask them, and get a sample of a few of their products for 25 bucks or so. It would be 25 bucks well spent as I found out. www.eacochem.com

Nick