Sign in to follow this  
John T

On of my customers asked me if I could help out with her fund Raiser

Question

I was contacted by meal awhile back from a customer of mine who's close friend an NYPD Sgt. Who was I think was in his early 30's died last year an automobile accident. She emailed me see if I can donate something preferably Powerwashing service since I do both hers and her parents house. It's the least I could do. If I had the means I would give back more. Sad story..

Her email:

Hi John,

Just wanted to let you know, your donation was a success and the lucky winner will be contacting you.* Attached you will find, the flyer I used to present the gift.* Your company name was also listed on every table as well as on a big display board that thanked all of the donors.* I can not thank you enough for your generosity.* I, as well as his mother and the TJ for Kids*Memorial Fund,*really appreciate it.* After all costs were paid, we were able to raise approximately $9000 for the Ronald McDonald House of Long Island.* What a wonderful was to start off the holiday season!

Sincerely,

Jackie Hook

In a message dated 10/4/2011 11:23:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, clncounty@aol.com writes:

Hi Jackie,

Sure thing. We can donate a free Vinyl sided house Powerwashing up to 2500 sq' or $300 towards any other Powerwashing they may want that we do. You can refer to my website Clean County Powerwashing - Serving Long Island - NY - NJ - PA - CT and if you need anymore info call my business phone @ 631-544-4971 and ask for Kathy. Also can you tell us more about that Sgt. I use to be NYPD in the late 80's.

Edited by John T

5 answers to this question

Shameless self promotion.

Honestly, I just had service that My wife and I do in the community work out to our benefit in a big way. If you aren;t involved in something, you should be. It is embarassing when it is brought up, at least it was for us, but sometimes your horn needs to be tooted by someone else.

You have to love the IPad- if I don't double check what I wrote it looks like every other Word is changed or missing..lol. I 'm not even going to try and fix the above.

Kathy volunteered in a soup kitchen and she does the breast awareness walk-a-thons etc, sponsored a child in Africa thru World Vision. She does alot more then I ever did.. She actually boycotted tuna years ago because unnecessary slaughtering of dolphins... She sent money every month for quite a few years to St. Judes.. and on and on

I mostly partied away any extra dinero.. But that above Sgt Story I'm going to have to find it. It shows how fast a good guy who was doing well in life and blink.....Gone.

I should start a thread about about the wild and maybe some regretful things I did. Nothing to do with family but alot to do with... Defiance. How I ever became involved in law Enforcement as did alot of my friends no one would have ever figured that one out back when:)

Shameless self promotion.

Honestly, I just had service that My wife and I do in the community work out to our benefit in a big way. If you aren;t involved in something, you should be. It is embarassing when it is brought up, at least it was for us, but sometimes your horn needs to be tooted by someone else.

I agree Scot, being quiet about your good works makes them truly good works. If a person keeps tooting their horn, I wonder why they are doing the good works. I find more satisfation in doing good works and keeping quiet. Speaking of good works, many local orgs can use extra help this time of year. Lions, Rotary and Kiwanis supply coats and shoes this time of year. Other groups do food baskets and toys for kids. When I was in JCs, one of our best activities was taking a few kids Christmas shopping. We got the names from a few elementry teachers. When I had 4 kids at home, money was tight, but not as tight as others experienced. Taking a child shopping got us into the Christmas mood quickly. Money can be designated for a particular project. I.E. Funds to the Lions Club can be designated for Senior Meals or Coats for Kids, and will not be used for Sight and Hearing.

Maybe she will send you a plaque John, that's what really matters

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Nahhhhn that's Ok but I do like hearing the other guys stories above. You tell one and the others will come or the will want to do something . I like Volunteer stories. You got one Charlie?