Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Register your voice here: Millions of Americans oppose SOPA and PIPA

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/ <----- Register your voice here!!!!

Do you have a small business web site? Do you have articles on your site, or content similar to many other sites because it describes your services? Well, if you have NOT signed this petition you need to get off your fanny and do it. This threat is real!!!!

Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate will begin voting on January 24th. Please let them know how you feel. Sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late.

Register your voice! Say NO to this!

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod
added clarity

The best way to combat this is to stop paying for the junk. The movie and music moguls announced yesterday that they are withholding contributions to Obama because he has failed to give them 100% support in killing our freedom of speech on the internet.

No, Obama couldn't care less about our freedoms, but he never give anything 100% because that would mean he would lose the votes of the feeble minded who just want to agree with him on something so their conscious will allow them to cast a ballot for him.

The answer is to not give them any more money to lobby Obama and the other traitors to this country with and quit purchasing their junk.

Imagine if you cleaned a sidewalk once and were forever allowed to charge everyone who not only walks on it, but looks at it a fee. For Life. And if they took a picture with it in the background you could sue them and further rape them.

Poor industry. We are stealing from them. They can't even afford to put real gold trim on their Bentleys anymore. It's gold plated now. We are such bad people.

That is what is happening here. The entire structure needs to be changed. The old method of extortion ($25.00 for a record album specifically designed to have ONE hit song so they could charge another $25 for another album with ONE MORE hit song!!!!!!) is over. They are extinct.

They are like the old bullwhip makers throwing a fit because these new "car" drivers won't buy their product anymore! They are extinct. It's time to make them work like the rest of humanity.

Hey Tony it all sounded good until you got exposed for not reading it..:rotfl: I do not like Obama. I never did and if I had to bet the farm I think he's going to win.. The most powerful guy in NY is getting ready to throw his support to Obama.. And there going to use how we killed Osama Bin Laden under Obama' watch and also how the countries phonies numbers are getting better and how the stock market numbers are climbing(that has no bearing on how this country is doing)

I think where going to be in trouble for another bunch of years... The worst though is here now.. 2012. That is because I follow this stuff one of the main reasons why I retired. I worked for 25 yrs to earn what I have and there once I hear the Gov't is going to try and take what I signed up for....and then I researched it..bang. I beat them to the punch... I took it with me by retiring.

This country is in a mess. 2013 will see a slow upward swing..but that's because 2012 will be the nightmare.. Sorry for the gloom and Doom.. Just one looooong year get thru that and things should get a little better slowly IMHO

Hey Tony it all sounded good until you got exposed for not reading it..:rotfl:

No one has exposed anything John. You have no idea what you are talking about. I know all about the bill. This bill has the ability to allow your competitor to make one claim against your website and have you shut down without due process OR even any evidence. Then you will have to wait your turn till they can "get around" to investigating the claim. There's a LOT more to it than that, but that is just ONE of the aspects.

Obama made a PROMISE to the industry that he would UPHOLD the passing, BUT, as usual he is following the sway of the wind and is now all the sudden acting like he's opposed to it.

We'll have to see how he slithers his way out of this one and still keeps the support of both sides. All he really has to do is side with the people. Because the moguls would cut their wrists before they would lobby for any republican.

Do some research John before you make claims of zingers. I know it must hurt to WANT to prove me wrong on something but be so woefully unread about the subject that you can't. Keep trying.

Beth made a statement that is true - dependent upon the timing of the statement. At the moment, Obama is "acting" like he is against them because he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Months ago that statement would not have been true. But most people haven't been following it closely for months to know that.

Edited by tonyshelton

Hey Tony I didnt read the article either..just thought it was funny you got nailed for not reading it..hahahaha..J/k

You know I learned something from you that has nothing to do with Powerwashing. I bring it up on certain occasions and it's when you talk about our forefathers. Thomas Jefferson is the one I bring up.. never would have thought about it until you starting talking about our forefathers.. So your not always wrong:zipit: oops now your going to want to Do a dual.. DOH!

Make no mistake...Google or any of those other companies give a flying crap about the rights of us to freely express ourselves. They are each individually fighting to keep their revenue streams going. It's up to us to keep fighting for our rights. Companies aren't going to do it for us.