Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Question for you wood pros

Question

In an effort to tighten ship I am breaking down my profits on each aspect of my business. Today is deck day. I have a year under my belt in residential wood care. I love the gratification/satisfaction of seeing an old weathered deck become like new, but as this is a business not a hobby I have some concerns regarding my profit margins. Here is my question based upon a theoretical scenario:

You get called to do a bid..

1) Deck is covered with mold/mildew

2) Drip test confirms old finish is still in tact so it needs to be stripped. Besides, customer wants to change from dark finish to something lighter.

3) Measurements are 20'x20' surface, 70 LF rail, 4 steps standard riser/tread

4) One coat sealer sprayed on and brushed

5) Residence is a row home with very close adjoining neighbors, so overspray is not an option.

Where would your bid come in? Please include your zip code so I can see the varying rates across the country. Understanding that some may choose not to post pricing here in the open, feel free to PM me or perhaps just include how many hours total this job would take you including all the prep. Thanks in advance.

28 answers to this question

Haha was about to **** myself...pulled the calculator out and got $1540 as my low end price. I imagine prices have gone up since this was started.

Edited by bigchaz