Sign in to follow this  
tonyshelton

The Revolutionary War

Question

Here's some trivia. The ignorant leftwing media gave Sarah Palin a lot of grief for saying that "Paul Revere warned the British". In fact, that is exactly what he did when he was captured the evening of his ride.

He warned them with a highly exaggerated account of how many patriots were waiting for them at their destination. That warning was punctuated by the sound of gunfire coming from the town.

The town hadn't even been warned yet and the gunfire was later determined to come from men clearing their weapons before entering a tavern! But that clearing of weapons was enough to change the course of the British and convince them to let Revere go.

Here's the trivia. Most don't know this but there were at least 15 other riders in addition to Paul Revere running and warning of the marching British soldiers - What was the prevailing occupation of these men and why were they particularly suited for the task?

6 answers to this question

Why would they clear their weapons given the amount of work it takes to fire it's not like they were kept in fire ready position? I don't think??...

Local shop owners preference from what I understand.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Doctors. They were excellent riders, had the best saddles and because of house calls and emergencies they were perfect for the task.

Most of them were were highly educated and were supporters of the revolution.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk