Sign in to follow this  
desi

surface cleaners

For a rig that size any surface cleaner would work as long as it's got the right tips on it. You just have to make sure the surface cleaner can handle the heat that your going to use. Some of the plastic ones should only be used up to 180 degrees or so. The most important thing about surface cleaners in my opinion is how good is the swivel in it? Also, how are the arms attached and will they get banged up easily or get knocked out of alighnment. I would look for one that you can adjust the height on, and has the arms welded in place instead of screwed in. Check envirospec, they usually have some great sales on equipment if you want to buy one new. Or, look on ebay and the boards. Lot's of people seem to be going out of business this year.

Check envirospec, they usually have some great sales on equipment if you want to buy one new. Or, look on ebay and the boards. Lot's of people seem to be going out of business this year.
Gee Henry, with all the Surface Cleaners that Beth & Rod offer, you would think he can find one right HERE. You should give your neighbor a pat on the back once in awhile.

Eric,

What kind of work are you doing? Make sure to pick one that will fit in the majority of places that you will be doing.

I didn't even know Beth was selling surface cleaners... by all means then, check them out here also. I know she told me she would get me an m5 when I talked with her on the phone a couple days ago but I haven't looked at her store since she was going to start carrying hot water units.

I just by parts now, I pretty much have all the equipment I need unless something breaks. However, I just checked out the store... Question,

Is it possible to get one of these

Steel Eagle Surface Spinner 24", Non-Adjusting, 4 spray nozzles

with a two handed handle and adjustable?

Not which one you *should* use. I just know that mine doesn't seem to clean well enough unless i walk slllooooooowwwwwww. The spinners don't spend enough time in a given area to effectively clean. With a smaller diameter, they will make more passes over the same area in a given amount of time. What happens is I notice faint swirl marks or rows of uneven coverage unless my walk time is very slow. This is the case on 9 out of 10 driveways...I'm sure it is different on different surfaces. Incidentally, the pressure/flowrate pressure washer I use is the absolute minimum recommended by Steel Eagle for the 30" bar, so I'm not disappointed in the spinner quality or Steel Eagle products, I just realize that it's the minimum recommendation for a reason. 24" would work better I believe. I think 20" would scream.

Okay how about this...

With and 8gpm rig, which would clean better and faster. A 20" surface cleaner with 2, 3 or 4 arms? I would think the one with more arms (with the proper sized tips) would work better since it would go over the same spot more times than a two arm model would. I know one guy that tried it though and he said the 2 arm cleaned better.

What do you all think and what size, arm model would work the best with your experiance?

Hello Everyone,

My Steel Eagle 30" 2bar cleans very well when you walk very slow. I have a 3000psi, 5.6gpm hot water rig. It came with 15 degree tips and I ordered some 25 degree tips a while back that I will be changing out. I will use a stop watch and clean some concrete with both sets of tips and see which ones clean faster. I am thinking that the 25 degree tips will clean faster. I have been told by several people that the 30" really needs about 8gpm to clean at a decent speed. I wish I would have known that before I bought it. I am thinking of selling it and going with the 24" 2bar machine. Does anyone have the 24" 3bar Whirl A Way? I am trying to find out how good they are. A good friend of mine plumbed both of his machines together (4.5gpm and 5.6gpm) and tried it on his 24" 2 bar Steel Eagle and he told me that it only cleaned a little bit faster than just using his 5.6gpm machine. He noticed that there is not a lot of clearance from the nozzle to the ground so he has a set of old spray bars that he is going to cut of about 1/4" off and re-thread the fitting so it will raise the nozzles up 1/4" higher from the ground. He is thinking that it might clean better because the fan is not spreading out enough that close to the ground. Anybody try this or have any suggestions?

I demoed an 8.0 gpm 4000 psi cold machine with a 24" 2.nozzle surface cleaner and it kicked butt.

Most impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could be assured of a constant source of gpm I would consider a machine like that.

Each nozzle puts out 4000 psi and 4.0 gpm

A good friend of mine plumbed both of his machines together (4.5gpm and 5.6gpm) and tried it on his 24" 2 bar Steel Eagle and he told me that it only cleaned a little bit faster than just using his 5.6gpm machine.

With 2 different machines like that, what did he run for nozzles? He may have had all the gpm, but a severe lack of psi.

I demoed an 8.0 gpm 4000 psi cold machine with a 24" 2.nozzle surface cleaner and it kicked butt.

Most impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could be assured of a constant source of gpm I would consider a machine like that.

Each nozzle puts out 2000 psi and 4.0 gpm

Each nozzle would be putting out 4000 psi and 4 gpm if the nozzles are correct. The only thing that gets cut in half is the gpm.

For as little concrete as I do, I really don't need 3 surface cleaners, but I have a high speed 10 incher that cost more than my hydrotek 17 incher and my 27 inch hydrotek. The small one has 0 degree nozzles, cleans well and flies with my 5 gpm 3000 psi hydrotek hot washer. The 17 incher is a little slower, and I don't even use the 27 inch one because it is way slower than even the 10 inch. In fact, I have used the small one for most of my jobs because you can fit it in small spaces and use it on vertical concrete surfaces too if you want. It quick connects just like any spray nozzles to the end of your gun. Unless you have a huge machine, I would never go above a 20 inch surface cleaner. Nick