Sign in to follow this  
jaysonrover

Getting all equipment this week...advise please :)

Hi,

I am about to begin shopping this week for all my equipment for my 6 x 12 single axle open trailer. This will be my first season so I am trying to be smart about my initial outgoing costs. I have a used 11hp honda washer but need still some sort of roof washing system. Thinking of a fatboy delevan system from pressure tek.Will this system work on out moss covered roofs up in BC.,Canada or are they ideal for down south? Also got a good lead on cox reels so will be getting 2 of them. Thinking a 225 horizontal leg tank -more for looks than anything plus a 65 roof tank and a 25 g house chem tank will do?

have my website just about finished and cards,logo uniform all good to go... but the details I would be interested to hear from experienced guys are Such as 1' or 3/4 for garden hoses...150 or 200 '? 1 or 2 wire pressure hoses and what lengths on them? the fatboy bandit is not something I should even think about? Will those roof systems work up here in Vancouver? whisper classic a good starter surface cleaner? You get the idea...

I one day hope to get a 6 x 12 aluminum duallie trailer from express custom and want a 5.5-6 gpm power washer and all the bells and whistles but that is my goal 3-4 years down the road. For now I want to have a professional image (with 3rd party liability insurance and wcb) and do the work well and in an efficient manner and to start building a name slowly for myself. ;)

Any advice sooner than later much appreciated...

Hi,

I am about to begin shopping this week for all my equipment for my 6 x 12 single axle open trailer. This will be my first season so I am trying to be smart about my initial outgoing costs. I have a used 11hp honda washer but need still some sort of roof washing system. Thinking of a fatboy delevan system from pressure tek.Will this system work on out moss covered roofs up in BC.,Canada or are they ideal for down south? Also got a good lead on cox reels so will be getting 2 of them. Thinking a 225 horizontal leg tank -more for looks than anything plus a 65 roof tank and a 25 g house chem tank will do?

have my website just about finished and cards,logo uniform all good to go... but the details I would be interested to hear from experienced guys are Such as 1' or 3/4 for garden hoses...150 or 200 '? 1 or 2 wire pressure hoses and what lengths on them? the fatboy bandit is not something I should even think about? Will those roof systems work up here in Vancouver? whisper classic a good starter surface cleaner? You get the idea...

I one day hope to get a 6 x 12 aluminum duallie trailer from express custom and want a 5.5-6 gpm power washer and all the bells and whistles but that is my goal 3-4 years down the road. For now I want to have a professional image (with 3rd party liability insurance and wcb) and do the work well and in an efficient manner and to start building a name slowly for myself. ;)

Any advice sooner than later much appreciated...

Fatboy is fine. Babyboy or 5800 is better for a new guy. Less waste, less dead landscaping, more money for advertising. The magic is in the mix. Pumps don't kill moss, mix kills moss. Get the 1/2" hose unless bob offers a 3/8" option.

3/4" hose is plenty big for supply. Put mean green hose on your list so that you'll have something to look forward to when it's time to upgrade. One hundred feet with the same for backup.

One wire pressure hose. The thin cheap stuff that doesn't last forever, or weigh ten pounds a foot. Two hundred feet. One piece.

The whisper wash classic is a fine piece. Buy a cheaper one and spend the difference on advertising.

Have fun. Keep a pair of dry shoes and clean socks in the truck.

Tim,

I appreciate your response. Looks like advertising is where to spend the extra cash. I am just this week figuring out where to spend money on advertising. I know April/May are big for me to get my name out there so these 2 months advertising will be very strong.

Just trying to figure out what I will need for the smaller stuff from Bob. He is swamped for time right now. Mind if I give you a call Tim just to ask some minor details questions on equipment?

Thanks,

Jason #604-399-9160

Work on setting up your social media marketing for your business FB, Yelp, twitter, etc. go back and fill in website info when it's up.

The Whisper Wash is a good unit and has been very reliable for us as well as our customers that buy their supplies and equipment from us. On the advertising front, don't forget about "penny saver" type advertisements as these are cheap and usually have a wide customer base. Some local newspapers allow free classified advertisements....even if you just put in a link to your site when it's up and running. Don't forget about the awesome earnings potential in commercial work. Use your surface cleaner to aim for business concrete work.

We carry Mosmatic Roof Cleaners....these run just under $1000 which may be a bit too much for you just starting out but they allow you to stay safe while working on a roof. Just read an article about a pressure washer who died on the job....young man who fell through a roof. It's important to stay safe and get home to your family in one piece.