Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Surface Cleaners

Whats the advantages / disadvantages of a "floating" surface cleaner compared to a "wheeled" surface cleaner as far as cleaning / general operation goes? This would probably be used for residental driveways / sidewalks.

What tips are preferred?

Besides speed, what other reason should one use a surface cleaner and not a turbo nozzle?

Basic Questions probably, but I'm curious. Thanks

Mike

Whats the advantages / disadvantages of a "floating" surface cleaner compared to a "wheeled" surface cleaner as far as cleaning / general operation goes? This would probably be used for residental driveways / sidewalks.
I have both and they both have their ideal uses. The floaters will go anywhere you push them, ie front, back, side to side, while the wheeled ones need more space to maneuver. The floaters usally rest on a brush that gets wear everytime you push it, vs the wheeld ones that if they have a brush at all they have minimal contact with the ground.

I have the Steel Eagle 24" with 10" pneumatic tires that I can roll anywhere rather than carry, and if the surface has protruding objects, then I can pop up the front and roll over them. I also have a Steel Eagle Little Floater that will truly hover when pulling the trigger with one hand.

What tips are preferred?
That depends on your machine and the surface to be cleaned.
Besides speed, what other reason should one use a surface cleaner and not a turbo nozzle?
A turbo is no different than any other nozzle as you still need to maintain the same distance between the tip and the ground to get even results. The surface cleaner will be faster and more uniform. Also the weightr is in the ground so that equals less fatigue.