Sign in to follow this  
KGILL

Karma is a good thing

Question

A neighbor of ours is an elderly widow who has trouble getting around. Since we bought our house I have been maintaining her grass situated between her driveway and mine. 90 percent of the land between the houses is hers, but I have been taking care of it. Never asked for a dime for my gas or time. I have been leaving the grass in front of her house to her neice and nephew (late 40ish couple live directly across the street, with 3 very able bodied teenage kids)

She got a notice of violation from the county after her grass grew too tall (not the section I maintain) and she failed to remove several limbs from a fallen tree (nice family of hers, huh?) Another neighbor used his kids (best source of labor), truck, and trailer to remove some of the junk then mow her front yard. He is coming back after Easter to clean out the beds and do other things to make the yard shine. I am planning on going over as well on Monday because 1)it is the neighborly thing to do and 2) in-laws will be in town. Enough said.

Yesterday I washed her walkway, retaining wall, curbline and the front porch because it was black. Came out real nice and once again did it without expecting a thing. I had time before a kickball game and figured why not. She has not stopped ranting and raving about it through email. She advised me about our neighborhood facebook page which I subsequently joined. I had no clue we had a facebook page. I have already received a couple of messages through facebook asking for me to come by for estimates. It was never my intention to utilize my neighbor's house as advertsing but it has become one of the best kinds of advertising, cost me a little more than a gallon of gas and no chemicals. Karma is a good thing.

2 answers to this question