Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Bandarovich

Vibration at the gun.

General 2021, 800 hrs. Vibration at the gun. Bypassed everything and connected directly to coil with short jumper - vibrates even stronger. Periodically vibration get stronger and water comes out rusty. Water level in the tank is good, water is clean. Heater turns on even without the gun attached to the hose where it used to not heat water until you put tip in the gun - how come pressure switch activates? My thoughts: worn seals, cracked piston, bad unloader, blockage in the coil. Bypass hoses seems to vibrate more than I think it should when in bypass.

Andy, you've got air somewhere in the system. Have you recently ran the tank dry? I found that if I allowed that to happen, the pump was trying to get rid of the air trapped in the system, which had a hammering effect on the coil, & loosining the built up scale in the coil, which would explain the ''rusty'' water your seeing. I'd be checking the valve's 1st. Make sure they havn't flogged themselves out trying to pump air. Their pretty fragile to begin with. I don't have a pressure switch, mine is activated by a flow switch. Water flows, burner turns on. Simple. After 800 hrs I'd be surprised if the pistons are cracked. I had an A & R pump.......3 weeks old, water pouring out from between the head & the body. Seems Luigi forgot to fit that last little 10 c washer at the factory! Maybe something as simple as that.

Edited by mick m

seals, valves, air leaks. those are the three main culprits of gun vibrations. Make sure that there is noe air getting in the line. check the valces and the oring seats to make sure that there is no debris in them, and the the orings are not damaged, and finally, pull the head off and check the packings to make sure they are in good shape. Odds are, it is one of the three, but my money is on the packings.

Air locked or trash in the feed to the pump not giving enough water to the pump. I have had trash at the valves before that would cause that.

Marko

Heater turns on even without the gun attached to the hose where it used to not heat water until you put tip in the gun - how come pressure switch activates?

This is not a problem, pressure switch activates when trapped pressure drops below a certain max psi then cuts off at trapped psi. I'd be more concerned if the burner came on with a tip in the gun only.