Sign in to follow this  
steven

my price??????

Question

post-8375-137772428027_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon,

I am sorry about the angle of the pictures but i hope you will be able to make something out from them. I got a call on monday from a gentleman that maintains these condo units.. he asked me to price the five uniits for a siding wash. the largest building has seven units (pic 1) and the smallest has four (pic 2 shows half the building). they are relativley clean except for some mold on the sides. being a newbie i figured that largest one will take me five hours so i will price that one at $400.00 ($80 per hour) and the smaller one will take less so i will price those at $300.00 per for a total of $1600.00. this of course sounds good to me because even if it takes me twice as long i will still make money but i just dont want to be a idiot. do these numbers even sound close?

thanks for your time

Steven

post-8375-137772427971_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

What about the cost of overhead, chemicals and fuel? Can you shoot chems that high (looks like over 30' on some areas) or will you be climbing and moving a ladder around? That's a good bit of surface area to clean at that price. Your hourly rate is hefty, but does that include everything? Overhead, chems, your salary, and profit for the business?

Being a newbie is ok, but you're running a business now. You're not working just for an hourly rate. You are working for a salary and profit over and above material, fuel, and all other overhead costs like insurance, advertising, equipment maintenance, etc. Salary is what you pay yourself, profit for the business is separate from that. They are not the same thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18781[/ATTACH]

Good afternoon,

I am sorry about the angle of the pictures but i hope you will be able to make something out from them. I got a call on monday from a gentleman that maintains these condo units.. he asked me to price the five uniits for a siding wash. the largest building has seven units (pic 1) and the smallest has four (pic 2 shows half the building). they are relativley clean except for some mold on the sides. being a newbie i figured that largest one will take me five hours so i will price that one at $400.00 ($80 per hour) and the smaller one will take less so i will price those at $300.00 per for a total of $1600.00. this of course sounds good to me because even if it takes me twice as long i will still make money but i just dont want to be a idiot. do these numbers even sound close?

thanks for your time

Steven

I have found best way of learning how to charge is to price your first jobs how you are doing it now to get your feet wet. As you begin to grow the company (that is what you wanna do right?) you will then realize to make this happen you will have to ^ your prices. But just increasing your prices won't allow you to land job, you then need to show value to the client.

I agree with the poster above me, at the end of the day an 80/hour wage for a Owner operated normally looks like 20 after all your time and expenses are legitimately calculated.