Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

Sportster

Question

This weekend is Hells Canyon MC Ralley. Lots of bikes, baggers and sport bikes.

My neighbor has his son's Sportster on the sidewalk again.

Price $4900.00, 21,000 miles, leather bags, windshield, footboards, electric start, 883, ***** are still on the tires, paint and chrome not scratched. KBB and other price guides are much less than what the asking price is. This is the custom model. No oil leaks, looks have been garaged. What is a fair price?

Edited by Douglas Hicks
Censor did not like **** or ******, rubber things that poke out from the sidwalls, and will get scrubbed of when cornering

3 answers to this question

What year is it? Once cool thing about a 883 is you can go buy the 1200cc jugs and pistons and put it on it in a day and you will have a screamer that the insurance company will never know anything about it. Too bad the forum would not let you say T-I-T-S on the tires.

Thats a good price. 2004 and later had the rubber mounted engine so they are comfortable to ride for longer distances. I say longer because if it has the 3.5 gallon tank your goingto get about 175 miles out of the tank before you hit reserve. Which is fine because by then you will need a break anyway.