Sign in to follow this  
Craig

The $50 Lesson

Question

I am neither Republican nor Democrat, but I do believe in working hard and creatively pursuing endeavors that lead to the betterment of our society. I stand for open markets, creating jobs, giving back and supporting the U.S. Constitution. I'm posting this for the perspective, not to be political or in favor of either party. I got a chuckle out of it.

The $50 Lesson

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday.

Both of her parents - liberal Democrats - were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me.

8 answers to this question

That is great! hahahahaha

Hopefully the girl has her eyes open now and understands about money, lazy people and the politicians that want to just give people everything when the rest of us are out working paying taxes for their giving. Wow.

I don't mind helping others out. I give a significant percentage of my income to help others. I feel it is my duty as a human being to do that, however, I firmly believe that government organizations are a huge fail when it comes to helping those in need. That is the main reason I don't feel government is the proper method of charitable giving.

I had an interesting conversation with my brother this week. As background he is an atheist and a lifelong democrat.

He made the comment that we can't just take away welfare benefits and some of these other things that certain groups have come to expect. The result would be robbery and theft like we've never seen before.

Shelly and I discussed that in light of the police statistics that keep declaring that crime is down quarter after quarter.

There are a few reasons we determined it's down:

1) people are afraid to go to the police to report crimes for fear of being harassed or arrested themselves.

2) those who would normally steal need only go to their mailbox each month to get their loot.

Shelly and I determined that there would NOT be too big of a crime spree of benefits were eliminated because those people have now become too lazy to steal.

What a strange generation we are in.

Tony,

Your brother is making the assumption that everyone, at heart, is a thief. What that tells me is that he cannot be trusted. If there are so many people dying in poverty, it perfectly contradicts his assessment.

Tony,

Your brother is making the assumption that everyone, at heart, is a thief. What that tells me is that he cannot be trusted. If there are so many people dying in poverty, it perfectly contradicts his assessment.

Bingo! Good assessment!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

$50 and still didn't figure out both sides are on the same team? OOPS! Not supposed to say that. Forget I mentioned it. Wave flag, sing anthem, pledge allegiance!