Sign in to follow this  
ron p

Monster Garage!!!!!

This what im looking to do.

I want to build a cheap[cost effective] remote control unit.

Anyone into street rodding?

Simple,cheap and complete pkg.

It just has to do two things.

Remotely turn the burner on and off

remotely turn the chem on and off.

My thinking is a remote car arlarm that only has 2 functions

and 2 electric door activevator's[on strret rods with shaved door handles they use these to pop open the door's]

more or less an elctric piston that has a 3/4 inc throw.

BUDGET $200

TIME 1 WEEK-to have the plan

ebay can be our friend

Installation must be as simple as possiable

all part's easy to get for everyone.

Who's game?

the Wiz posted a pic of a surface washer that had pre-spray tip's mounted to the front of a surface cleaner then the reg hook-up.

twin gun's.

pretty cool looking.

Im in!

although you can allready buy a $69 car alarm system that turns your machine on and off,burner on and off,and open two solenoids, and provide theft protection at the same time.

I WANT TO DO SOMETHING CCRRAAZZYYYY!

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

How about hydraulics and 24 inch rims on the pressure wash trailer?

naw thats too getto,i would like to see a trailer hopping 4 foot off the ground though.

How about a portable automatic car wash,3 sided nozzle spraying system extended off the side off a trailer,one for detergent,one for rinse one for wax,drive the cars through one at a time.

when done pivot arms back onto trailer lock into place,go to next wash location.

Hate to bust your bubble Tim but there is a machine that cleans 18 wheeler truck trailers around already and it sounds like your idea is a take off from theirs.

Notice I said SOUNDS LIKE, not is, not a copy etc.

I just don't remember the name of the darn thing but have seen them in action and know of a guy who has or had one, it is or was for sale.

Jon

I'm looking for a "SKY HOOK" - something that will hover in mid-air that I can hang 500 pounds onto and move around when I rearrange things for the 300th time. (Tired of cross-braces, cantilevered arms, head-bangers, stiffeners, etc.)

Willing to pay big bucks!

Tim yes that is what I was referring to and at times I take things to seriously, so I mistook your joke.

Now that said start working on your idea, you never know till you try, right?

Jon

Jon,if i was into washing cars i would try to make it,it would be real easy to make given the fabrication machinery i have.

we have guys here who set up shop in a parking lot at main streets and wash cars for spare change on the weekend,i would like to set up along side them one weekend just to raise the bar a little bit.

Paul,could you ask for something a little more difficult? lol

i cut that board two times and it's still to short.

Little boy goes to the lumber yard and ask's the man for some wood. The man say's "what kind of wood?

little boy said "i dont know, i'll ask my dad"

Boy comes back and said "i need a 4 x 2"

the man said "all we got is 2X4's"

Little boy said"i'll be back, i need to ask my dad".

Little boy returns and say's "a 2x4 will be fine"

The man say's "how long would you like it?"

Little boy said" we need it for a long time, were building a house"

Ron,

This is a pretty neat idea. I kept thinking about it today while cleaning. My unit was 150' away and I sure hated to walk back and cut off the burner during wash down.

Sam's Club sales a car alarm for $29.95. It comes with one remote. I may buy it and try your idea. It would be a great time saver!

of everything and report back.

Simple is the key to doing this.

Make sure the "el cheapo" car alam unit has a 200 ft range.

50 ft wont cut it. 150 would pass the test.

Where are you going to look for the 2 switch's.

The one that controls the soap and the one that controls the heater?

Their was a guy"fishguy" was his name.

He took a exstension cord and taped it to his pressure line and had his set-up HARD WIRED.

Any opinions on this? He could remotely control his at any langth.

You would think some smart co would sell wired pressure hose and a cheap control. Make the system pretty cheap to buy and make money selling the replacement hose's.

Ron,

Yeah I dom't think the Sam's alarm will have any range like that.

Anyway I will have to think on it some.

I remember the fish guy. He had two 13 hp Hondas in an enclosed trailer the exhausted out the open side door. Also had a bunch of drema valves and a tote in the trailer.

Meant to e-mail him but never did. Have not seen any posts by him in a long time.

Anyway you got me thinking thanks!

Commercially, to tie electrical to high pressure water line would not be inexpensive to manufacture or sell. Even with low voltage, the longer the distance, the bigger the wire has to be. If you are running hot water thru the hose, the low voltage wire will pick up the heat and overheat and trip/burn the fuse, etc.

Think along the lines of the RF (radio frequency) transmitters and receivers. Garage door opener types.

Allied Automation 4 channel transmitter w/2 plus mile range ($500); their 1500ft plus range 4 channel unit runs $100; 4 channel receiver runs $130.

Dimango has 4-channel 150 ft range unit for $40

Remote Control Technology sells the "Bandit" 1 or 8 channel wireless transmitter/receiver - www.RemoteControlTech.com

www.Abacom-Tech.com has 300ft range units.

The electric switch or relay for the Burner ON/Off is real simple but you have to decide if its 12VDC or 110VAC. (You want a relay that is Normally Open). You would most likely want a manual back-up in case your switch, transmitter or receiver fails or keep spare relay.

The soap (if you are switching between soap and water) needs to be fluid over electric solenoid valve - position "A" is water; position "B" is soap (or vise versa). A 3-way multi-porpose solenoid valve by Skinner or Parker (AC or DC); Select seal type based on chemical resistance needs. You can find at www.ValveStore.com You could also do this with a 2-way On/OFF Solenoid Valve (turn soap line ON/OFF).

Again, I would add a by-pass for manual mode in case your transmitter, receiver or solenoid valve failed.

Probably can be made simpler and less expensive, but I'm not familiar with the controls/system you are targeting to incorporate this into.

Would a remote start that is made for a car work? I figured you could hook up the starter wire to the starter and then the wire for the electric lock to the heater. I don't know if there is a third to hook up to the soap. I do not know much about electronics.

Well I got rid of all my "sky hooks" when I got out of roofing.

As for wired in remotes and wired hose I was thinking of using trailer wire conections for a little bit but yeah the heat could cause some problems. it would be nice though as I could set it up to have the wire plugs in the same area as the QD in my hose just in case I wanted more hose (or less).

And then as for my cars remote starter I have the $150 one and it has options to start the car open the lock on the drivers side or both sides (if you push the button twice) and open the trunk! so that would make for starting the unit, turning heat and chems on and off. I got it at a local stereo place that installed it too. So I will have to check and see how hard it would be to get one and wire it into the unit. I have seen a remote device for sale that is for pressurewashers but the remote looks something like that of an rc car remote. Way too big and too bulky to carry around.

This hard wired system has been around for several years. I bought a big self contained "skid" unit from Chemex back in 1985. It was built expressley for 2-stepping. The pressure gun was aluminum and had 3 toggle switches built-in. The hose was 3/8" and had all the wiring encased in a thick flexible jacket. I remember it being very heavy. As Scott said, I remember replacement hose being about $5.00/ft. way back then.

Thanks,

Bob Warfield

HOw about a remote soap injection system using fuel solenoids like you have on a water heater to control the soap? It would probably work well, if you wanted teh time effort and money into it.

Scott Stone