Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Unbelievable Concrete Damage!

Question

Reasons NOT to use anything but F9 BARC for removing rust, fertilizer and orange battery acid stains on your concrete:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.454284401263322.106534.379340482091048&type=1&notif_t=like

These were all take on ONE STREET where I live- in only 10 minutes of walking.

Aside from the permanent damage, there are ways for a professional to "fix" this that would look decent. If you come across this, run your surface cleaner over it a few times in at least two different directions. This will help even out the surface damage. If you have BARC, apply it and it will even out the color damage.

Edited by Craig

5 answers to this question

That is some bad permanent damage from trying to clean rust stains off concrete.

I thought maybe the homeowner was trying to be artistic with all the colors. hahahahaha j/k

There are a lot of dangerous products out there, especially the chemicals that friends recommend that don't really know much about chemicals, just from what they have heard from other friends and then the damage happens......and it is usually permanent when trying to clean concrete with the wrong chemicals.

Thanks for posting that Craig.

Reasons NOT to use anything but F9 BARC for removing rust, fertilizer and orange battery acid stains on your concrete:

That's a pretty pretentious statement. One contractors misuse of another product doesn't make yours the end all be all for rust removal.

That's a pretty pretentious statement. One contractors misuse of another product doesn't make yours the end all be all for rust removal.

Hi Chaz,

You're right, someone else's misuse of another product doesn't make mine the end all be all for rust removal. Funny thing is, the people who did this to their driveways DID NOT misuse the products they bought, they were FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Also, if you take a closer look at the pictures you will find that this is not just 1 single job, this is 10 different areas. What I didn't mention is that these "jobs" were performed by 3 homeowners who took matters into their own hands, 1 landscape company and 2 separate "pressure washing companies." The pictures I took were of just the worst damage areas. On this street with 100 homes, I'd say 40 of them had damage of some kind.

Sorry if you feel I'm being pretentious in my mission to help other contractors. I can't change the way you feel. I'm here to let anyone who is familiar with these types of problems.. people who deal with this kind of stuff everyday, find a solution.

The truth of the matter is that F9 BARC has been proven, over and over again, in over 3,500 jobs in one of the most heavily dominated golf course demographics in the world. Both I and other contractors in my area have tried every product we could find and have used them, side by side against the results F9 BARC can achieve. We have not found another product that can come close to it in terms of versatility and results.

This kind of damage is world wide. Golf course communities have thousands of homes with driveways that look like this.

Edited by Craig

Thanks for the info Craig, here there are a lot of driveways and sidewalks with rust stains from irrigation systems, fertilizer left on the sidewalks/driveways, metal furniture on the concrete, etc....Not even counting the battery acid stains from autos and golf carts.

I hear what you are saying Craig, thanks.

Thanks for the info Craig, here there are a lot of driveways and sidewalks with rust stains from irrigation systems, fertilizer left on the sidewalks/driveways, metal furniture on the concrete, etc....Not even counting the battery acid stains from autos and golf carts.

I hear what you are saying Craig, thanks.

You nailed it, Chris. A big opportunity we have as an industry RIGHT NOW is to educate the public and get the news out that we have an answer for these kinds of stains (battery stains). In the past, battery acid stains have been thought of as rust because they look the same. And more people have battery acid stains on their concrete than rust stains. So when Mr. Homeowner goes to the store and gets a rust remover he winds up causing damage because he sees a product formulated for "rust" and the rust is not going away. Therefore, he uses more and more product causing more and more damage.

Meanwhile, we are trying to kill two birds with one stone. We have formulated a product that doesn't depend on what the perception of your customer is. BARC's formulation includes both rust and battery acid stains so even if they or you don't diagnose the problem correctly, someone will have a cure for it! Isn't that the ultimate goal?