Sign in to follow this  
Kawickrice

Gear Drive Removal

I have an OLD Mi-T-M gear drive 1500psi 3.5 gpm machine with an old Honda 5 hp motor that I purchased 20+ years ago. The motor went south but the pump is still good. I have sourced a Mi-T-M homeowners rig with a 5.5 Honda direct drive that the pump went out on.

My question is,,,,,how does the gear drive mount to the crank?

The direct drive pump came right off of the crank from the motor that I want to use but the gearbox will not budge off of the crank of the broke motor, all it will do is spin. Is a BFH in order here? It looks to just slide off but it has been mated for over 23 years.

My other machine is belt drive so I do not run into this problem on it.

I am just trying to get a second machine going for chemical applications and a little rinsing behind a flats washer. Any ideas?

Good news I removed the gear drive. Bad news I broke the crank snout off in the gear drive. Any suggestions on how to get the broken crank piece out?

All I can find is a MI-T-M part number for the pump, can anyone identify the pump with the part number. I believe it to be a General Pump 1500psi 3.4 gpm but can not confirm need parts to rebuild it although nothing was wrong with the pump when the motor seized. Thanks Guys

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19065[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19066[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19065[/ATTACH]

Edited by Kawickrice

That is strange the attachments show up until I hit the submit button then they disappear. Bummer I wanted to get my pump identifiedpost-7969-137772434613_thumb.jpg

My gearbox is different than that one. I think

post-7969-137772434589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kawickrice