Sign in to follow this  
AAPaint

Deck/Stairs staining in Jacksonville

Question

Here's a wood project for you. Two sets of stairs that lead up to small decks and/or landings of a home 14' off the ground. Good thing it's up that high, because Black Creek it sits 25 yards away from is known for flooding. A recent tropical storm set a record for flood levels on the creek.

Along with the stairs, we stained a small boat dock, and we're trying to get back to finish off about 100 ln. ft. of 8' fencing. The dock was submerged under about 10' of water. The stairs were about 4' submerged, and the fence was also. More pics of the fence staining when we get it done.

Check out the 17,000 bazillion balusters on these stairs! Never seen anything like it. Couldn't even squeeze a hand in edge ways between them.

post-2623-137772434757_thumb.jpg

post-2623-137772434714_thumb.jpg

post-2623-137772434731_thumb.jpg

post-2623-137772434745_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Thanks Steven. Just wish it would quit raining so I can finish the fence. I've got a good bit of wood to do, and the rain just won't quit right now.

I think the fence pics will be the most dramatic because of the water damage from the flood. I'll post those when we finally get it done.

like to see em, I just went through the rain thing a week ago, with two decks . I was pulling my hair out cuz there was a good chunk of change hanging there. but hey cant change mother nature, yet.

Yeah, it's been real bad for us, because it will dry out ONE day, then rain for three. We've been sitting a couple weeks waiting to finish this one project alone. At least we can wash stuff, but that's not where the fun is.