Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

Burner won't fire/need wiring diagram

My Delco vertical burner won't fire. I have replaced the hi-limit switch and the pressure switch, both with new parts. But I still have no ignition. I did charge the battery. The fan motor does work. I need a wiring diagram, not wire colors. It seems every pressure swithc has different wire colors, I need the placement of the wires.

The burner is a 12V Becket, I do not know the brand of fuel pumpt, but it is also 12V

I had the same problem with my pressure switch. Just changed one wire and it fired right up. Mine only uses two of the three wires to operate. Take your old switches apart and see how they are wired and then look at your new switches installed and see where they are wired wrong.

Good idea, but I tossed the old switch immediatly. But I did remember the service notes may be in the E250. I wll look after the demo derby tonight. I get free tickets because I supply the FX for the race

Good luck, all the wiring does is makes a loop through the switches if the power is on at every switch the burner will ignite. If you have a multimeter you can start at one and make your way step by step through the system still you are back at the burner/ controls. Doing it this way may take you a minute or two but you will know how your system works.

Doug, on the microswitch inside the housing, there is one terminal that sits on top by itself and two together on the back. You want to use the one on top by itself and the very next one down from it. The bottom terminal on the back is not used.

Doug, on the microswitch inside the housing, there is one terminal that sits on top by itself and two together on the back. You want to use the one on top by itself and the very next one down from it. The bottom terminal on the back is not used.

Russ, since there are different switches out there, does it matter which wire is on which terminal in there, as long as you use the terminals you mentioned or do the wires have certain terminals they need to be on?

Thanks.

Chris, wire color makes no difference. As Doug said, the manufacturers all put the wire color in different places. I have to pop the casing open every time I install one to see where they are.