Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Stripping and cleaning solutions

Question

Thought I would start this asking the question: What do you prefer when stripping/cleaning?

With the regional aspects of this business, I find it possible that some areas may have products that are not widely

advertised or recognized, and with the flood of new coatings in hybrids to acrylics, could be helpful for others

to know about if they get into one of those difficult situations.

Rod!~

8 answers to this question

I have only used the hd.80 to strip the stains of the decks,stairs,and ballusters. but because of the watery solution it dosnt hang on the verticles to good.I use it mostly because it was the first i used and it works well for me. I did try it on latex and it did nothing. I did a house last week and all I needed was s/percar.

this tub of hd 80 will be my last. I will be buying s/hydroxide in bulk from now on. $9 per pound for hd. 80 delivered, vs $2 pound straight s/hyd. delivered.

I would be open to try something else but man ordering everything over the net is a pain. I would love one store to order everything i want.

stripeeze from the store worked on the latex. but thats like $45 a gallon.

I really don't mess with paint stripping or heavy acrylics most of the time so we use GSKs TimberStrip pro. The Timber pro line is really nice, 30lb pails which I prefer on the trailer.

Also use 50lb bags of Potassium Hydroxide flakes for heavier strips. I always keep raw chems on hand for backup so we have Sodium Percarb and Oxalic in bulk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I dont think I was ever made to strip latex, LOL.

Charlie,Rod, I have a question, would you charge differently for a strip and a wash? I know it sounds stupid to ask but it is basicly the same thing, add chem then wash.

OH yes! Costs more than wash.

Stripping takes many applications and 3-4 times as long because you spend much of the time keeping your product wet.

Plus, there is the defurring process afterwards which has to be done otherwise, the deck looks like a wookie!

Rod!~