Sign in to follow this  
JDhomeservices

Should I upgrade my PW?

Right now I'm mostly do residential work but I am hoping to get into doing some commercial work soon. Right now I have a 4gpm 4000 psi belt driven machine. I want to go with a hot water setup, but I'm wondering if spending 5k-8k is worth the extra 1.5 gpm? I could just get a water heater for the unit I've got. I don't know what they go for new, but I found one on craigslist for $100. Would buying a new skid really be worth it? I have never had the privilege of trying one of these units, so your input would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a 4 gpm and want more, 6/8 gpm and you are moving much faster. doing residential I only use my hot water to mix my chems. Hot water is a need for other jobs. you should be able to find a good used unit for much less than 8k

Buy, beg or steal a hot box. Hot water is more effective at cleaning & nothing sez ''WOW'' more than a billowing cloud of steam. people equate steam with heat, heat with sanitization = really clean. I was at a large shopping center all this week, knew the security camera's were on me, turned on the heat which wasn't needed. Did the job, went in to sign out at the office & they said, ''Geez we hardly see you for all that steam, looked really good'' So hot water will be an asset, wether you need it or not. Plus it's essential for gum or oil. Go for it!