Sign in to follow this  
dfloyd0105

Hot water on vinyl

Question

Hello all. First time poster here. Ive been in the business for 5 years now and wash over 600 houses a year. We usually shut down from November till March due to cold weather and the gutters not cleaning well. Im debating buying a hot water washer this year so we can clean longer. I figured if i heat the gutters up they will clean better. What is the maximum temperature that you can wash vinyl with without damaging it? Also what do i need to be aware of using a hot water system. Thanks

15 answers to this question

Hello all. First time poster here. Ive been in the business for 5 years now and wash over 600 houses a year. We usually shut down from November till March due to cold weather and the gutters not cleaning well. Im debating buying a hot water washer this year so we can clean longer. I figured if i heat the gutters up they will clean better. What is the maximum temperature that you can wash vinyl with without damaging it? Also what do i need to be aware of using a hot water system. Thanks

Welcome to TGS please add your signature to your profile it's forum rules...

thanks

I would never use hot water on vinyl, I have seen vinyl that was melted off of houses. It could have been a problem with the machine or maybe someone that just did not have a clue, either way it cost a lot of money to fix and made that contractor look bad and cause a bad reputation.

Thermostats go bad so there is always a chance of accidents happening, just a fyi.

Man I hate being the odd man out. Hot water house washer here, have been for a while. Yes it works, yes it makes a difference, yes it helps when cleaning gutters in cold weather.

No hot water needed and gutter cleaning is not the end of the world, just tell them they will not come clean and move on.

No hot water needed and gutter cleaning is not the end of the world, just tell them they will not come clean and move on.

No offense suds but Ive cleaned plenty of gutters where the company before us said they wouldnt come clean and when we got done they looked like new. Im not wanting to lose my customers to the next guy who actually knows what hes doing. I may try it and see. Just the gutters not the vinyl.

Man I hate being the odd man out. Hot water house washer here, have been for a while. Yes it works, yes it makes a difference, yes it helps when cleaning gutters in cold weather.

How hot do you have your washer set Guy?

Yes & No Brian, if temps outside are 90+ degrees then you're right no hot water needed, if temps are lower heated soapy water cleans better and faster. We have both a cold water unit and a hot water skid on our trailers and we have done side by side comparisons.....Hot water wins hands down.

But we never wash houses with hot water (150 degrees) when temps are below 40 degrees.

I think I explained this in the previous post.

ya i guess you did, but you know just trying to chime in and join a conversation, but hey you explained everything.

Ok so it was 30 this norning warming up to 58. We washed 4 houses a deck and a dw. The hot water deffinatly made a huge difference. The black streaks wiped off like it was a 90 degree summer day. So the ones who werent sure like me, the hot water is a must for fall washing.