Sign in to follow this  
DJclean

ok i bagged the gutters now what???!!!

Question

So after bagging the gutter and applying the roof mix to the roof. what do you do with all the run off. (Chlorine / surfactant / Water) . I don't know how to dispose of these stuff.. please help

6 answers to this question

If you wash roofs like we do where we use alot of water for rinsing and keeping gardens and surrounding areas soaked your roof mixture should so diluted when it comes off the roof that the surrounding area's should be fine. We always have two guys per job but back when I did the jobs myself I learned that rinsing and rinsing and rinsing again was key when dealing with chemicals.

Roof washing since your chlorine mixture will be higher then most other types of cleaning there are things to watch out for without counting the obvious stuff such as the siding of the house,people etc. One of those things is the down spouts coming off the gutters which drain out on the ground which is what your referring to here. If they dump off let's say to a blacktop driveway you may want to redirect it to where it dumps out onto the landscape area's because you can stain the blacktop. Also if your a 2 man operation doing the job or a solo doing the job find a way to saturate those area's where the roof mixture will end up at.

The key is to have your chemical mixture so watered Down when it hits the ground so nothing gets killed or affected around that area.

As for you bagging those down spouts where the solution reaches the ground that maybe one of the ways guys do it in Florida and other area's because from what I understand is that they keep the solution on the house when they leave because it always rains in Florida so the solution keeps cleaning for a few more days.

That works there but for us since we deal with so much mold growth on the roof because people don't clean them nearly as often as a state like Florida that we have alot of lichen growing on the roofs that in my case my customers want the roof clean when we leave so our process is a little bit different and probably a little more time consuming then where your at....because we put the roof chemical on the roof and after a short while after we keep misting the roof so the chemical doesn't dry we then power rinse everything off.

Hope this helps you some.

Good luck

Edited by John T
Duplicate post

I clean the roofs with 2 people. can I still spray the chems on the roof, water heavily before, during, and after and not rinse the roof? If so what if we just get a light rain. will it kill anything?

You need some Florida guys to respond here since you guys deal with rain more often and Mold that seems never ending. We did a few jobs today with the last one being a roof. A lot of guys tell me even where I live and even further North they don't do the last step we do which is rinse the roof clean with black tips on our wands. This works for us because we leave all cleaning jobs completely cleaned when we leave........

But.......

In Florida especially it seems most guys leave the chlorine mixture up on the roof and then leave after they rinse the landscaping etc. Apparently the rain activates the dried Chlorine again to keep killing the mold and cleaning the roof.