Sign in to follow this  
John T

Industry orgs/associations worth it?

Industry orgs/associations worth it?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Industry orgs/associations worth it?

• Yes there good to market
    • Yes there good for networking
    • No I see no value in it
    • No they just want my money

Question

Industry org's/association are they worth it-Poll

Ok another poll:)

On average do you think Industry Organizations & Association are worth it.

Take the poll and post why you picked the choice you did. On this poll you can pick more then one answer.

**This is a public poll so people can see how you voted. I'm hoping that encourages the voters to elaborate about there choice-- thanks**

11 answers to this question

I voted yes there good to market and good for networking. I belong to 1 industry org-PWNA & 2 industry associations PWRA & NYSPA. I market all 3 and network with the first 2 as well.

You have to work your membership by the very least thru marketing. Also at some of the groups events or just online you can network with your membership as well. This has worked for me.

So how about you? What choices did you pick in the above poll?

Agreed. We're members of PWNA. PERIOD.

Beth

Then you agree with their Agenda? You agree with the actions of that Industry Org. linking Our Industry (Contractors) as the major cause of pollution to the MS4? You agree that this same Org. posting links to the EPA & Pollution Issues (The articles having nothing to do with Pressure washing by the way) on this and many other PW BBS's is "Harmless" and will not now or in the future hurt our Industry (Contractors)?

So you agree with what the PWNA is doing....Period?

Guy,

We joined in 1999, to learn and grow and market our wood business. I'm going to emphasize MARKET.

I am not going to discuss org politics or get in to the banter that surrounds all of that. We are members, it is part of our MARKETING plan.

Beth

I'm on Tapatalk so I didn't vote but associations are essential for any industry. Like I mentioned in the other thread look no further than our customers orgs to see proof of what they can do.

As the pw industry we have to get past the message board drama that haunts us. Heck most of us aren't anywhere near each other and we act like we are stiff competition. Can't we all just enjoy life. Learn from each other and grow our business to the size that works good for us?

In my opinion networking is the most valuable thing to be taken from an organization. Marketing should only be secondary if even that.

Guy,

We joined in 1999, to learn and grow and market our wood business. I'm going to emphasize MARKET.

I am not going to discuss org politics or get in to the banter that surrounds all of that. We are members, it is part of our MARKETING plan.

Beth

I understand and respect your reasons.

I'm on Tapatalk so I didn't vote but associations are essential for any industry. Like I mentioned in the other thread look no further than our customers orgs to see proof of what they can do.

As the pw industry we have to get past the message board drama that haunts us. Heck most of us aren't anywhere near each other and we act like we are stiff competition. Can't we all just enjoy life. Learn from each other and grow our business to the size that works good for us?

In my opinion networking is the most valuable thing to be taken from an organization. Marketing should only be secondary if even that.

Think what you like. But as you would learn in any business curriculum in college, marketing is the cornerstone. Networking is actually a part of it, sort of connected to both sales and brand image building, and also tied in with social media these days. But as a backbone per se, marketing is a foundation point that encompasses many other areas.

Beth

Wow I don't think I ever seen a Poll like this where everything is dead even across the board.

I bet ya if I was to put a poll up about Orgs that said do you LOVE orgs or HATE orgs. Or do you LOVE certain orgs or HATE certain orgs that would be the same as well. LIKE and DISLIKE would be the best way to put it and they would be close to the same.

Reason why when we talk about org's people get so inflamed. Same goes when you talk to some people in person the same reaction happens.

Interesting.

I bet ya if I was to put a poll up about Orgs that said do you LOVE orgs or HATE orgs. Or do you LOVE certain orgs or HATE certain orgs that would be the same as well.

Drama tends to follow you John for whatever reason, so I would strongly advise you not to create such a poll. I think you can agree that topic has been beat dead and you are well in the middle of many of those conversations.