Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

There are not bad jobs; just a bad price

Ok, I did not make that up, I stole it from the Fire Protection Contractor magazine. But I wanted to share that with those here. Write it on the wall above your desk, and on your estimating clipboard.

Ok, I did not make that up, I stole it from the Fire Protection Contractor magazine. But I wanted to share that with those here. Write it on the wall above your desk, and on your estimating clipboard.

Isn't that the truth. It's like you charged a price & then the job turned out to take alot less time to complete. Those go down in my book as a great job that I want to do again and again. Chaching Chaching.

Good quote. Hits home with the job I did today. The job took longer than I thought, and I left thinking that job stank. But, thinking back, I should have factored in a few possible problems areas I knew could happen and they did happen. If I were 15-20% higher, I wouldn't have thought the job stank. Live and learn.

Don't be afraid to ask for 10% more than the going rate. Give better service, and ask for a referal. My closing on referals is about 90%. Your satisfied customer is your best salesperson

Good quote. I feel bad sometimes if I make over $300 per hour, but I think about those crappy days when I have to clean out the truck for free. Then I go to the bank. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Next time you make $300.00 an hour, think about the time you spend learning your trade, time working on your equipment, time making estimates, time collecting bad debts. Puts everything in perspective doesn't it?