Sign in to follow this  
John T

Anyone have any uplifting religious Quotes? Al?

Question

This has been a very trying day that was topped off by having Jim Gambles wife text a few of us thru his phone that he's been in the hospital since yesterday.

I see Al Patterson on here and he knows some good religious quotes. How about it Al and anyone else? It's one of those days that anything uplifting is a plus.

11 answers to this question

Revulation :4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

(something to look forward too)

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside still waters;

He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths For His Name's sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil;

For you are with me;

Your rod and Your staff - they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, You anoint my head with oil;

My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life. And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord My whole life long.

Perhaps another uplifting one John...

Ezekiel 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

Isaiah 49:13

Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For theLord comfs orthis people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

"I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." - Jeremiah 33:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Phillipians 4:6-7

(And finally, these next two are my favorites as a mommy)

He tends His flock like a shepherd, He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart. He gently leads those that have young.

-- Isaiah 40:11

He grants SLEEP to those He loves.

-- Psalm 127:2

Very good.. Maybe sooner then later I should crack open a bible for the first time to see what it's all about.

John....try this....

Mobil - YouVersion.com

https://www.youversion.com/mobile

Download the free app and access your bookmarks, notes, and reading plans from ... Download The Bible App Now. iPhone/ ... Go to youversion.com/ download ... It's FREE

If bible is hard for you to read....put this on phone or iPad and pick version you want to listen to and it will can even play thru your earpiece if u like. Listen while you are driving or if you want a peaceful sleep..... listen right before you go to bed.

One thing God can give us is Peace in our Hearts.

"Scripture is referred to as our sword. We only have one weapon, and the more you know the more effective it is. Its the difference between a water piston and a sniper rifle. Ephesians 6:11-17 talks about all the things that we have as we go into battle. Most of the things mentioned are for defense. The only thing we are given for active defense, or to fight back with, is the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Whether spoken, written, drawn, sculpted or whatever... the Word of God is alive and powerful. There is just as much power in hearing it as there is in reading it. Either way, we are called to know it and write it on our hearts."

Edited by alvisishere

John....try this....

Mobil - YouVersion.com

https://www.youversion.com/mobile

Download the free app and access your bookmarks, notes, and reading plans from ... Download The Bible App Now. iPhone/ ... Go to youversion.com/ download ... It's FREE

If bible is hard for you to read....put this on phone or iPad and pick version you want to listen to and it will can even play thru your earpiece if u like. Listen while you are driving or if you want a peaceful sleep..... listen right before you go to bed.

One thing God can give us is Peace in our Hearts.

"Scripture is referred to as our sword. We only have one weapon, and the more you know the more effective it is. Its the difference between a water piston and a sniper rifle. Ephesians 6:11-17 talks about all the things that we have as we go into battle. Most of the things mentioned are for defense. The only thing we are given for active defense, or to fight back with, is the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Whether spoken, written, drawn, sculpted or whatever... the Word of God is alive and powerful. There is just as much power in hearing it as there is in reading it. Either way, we are called to know it and write it on our hearts."

Michael (my husband) was an athiest until he was around 26. He started doing calligraphy when he was teaching sniper school, and got hold of a King James Bible -- the ones they give the military -- so he practiced his calligraphy by writing scripture from it. Didn't even really pay attention to what he was writing, but in a few short months, he went from an athiest to believing in God, then soon after belieiving in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Michael (my husband) was an athiest until he was around 26. He started doing calligraphy when he was teaching sniper school, and got hold of a King James Bible -- the ones they give the military -- so he practiced his calligraphy by writing scripture from it. Didn't even really pay attention to what he was writing, but in a few short months, he went from an athiest to believing in God, then soon after belieiving in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

That's awesome!

Galatians 6

New International Version (NIV)

Doing Good to All

6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

Edited by alvisishere

Peter 1

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (1 Peter 1:23-25 KJV)