Sign in to follow this  
John T

Push Politics aside-- NJ Roundtable coming up.

Question

Thinking about attending this NJ Roundtable coming up. The best I can do is come in on Saturday morning and stay for the day but then will head back cause I'm flying out for the Vegas Parking Garage Event Sunday Morning.

This is our Industry. We can bicker or argue but it's our Industry. I just contacted a PWNA BOD Who said he would go if I would. I really did want to see Tony ************** Speak and he fired back at me today with an expletive and to never have contact with him again.... So of course I contacted him again:) He's in shut down mode now but he'll come around again..

I also think about what guys Like Diamond Jim Foley, who's brilliant by the way, who says basically it's the same guys and this Industry will repeat itself in the group settings over and over. Guys like him are much smarter then people like myself. If everything stays the course we will go thru another bunch of yrs just repeating what was wrong in the past..

It's a tough pill to swallow to step back and let the bulls be bulls because when you think about it they will only "Beat each other up" and the winner will win at a very high cost... As in wasting so much valuable time and also they will most likely become jaded and on top of that they may have to hear from their significant others how there wasting to much valuable time..

So I'm leaning towards going and mainly because I know that in person we will be more supportive or at least more understanding of each other then we can be on the net. The net doesn't mean much when the chips are on the table.

Anyone else willing to take this risk who may have thought differently?

4 answers to this question

Politics? That's what you call all this nonsense? I suppose that's one way to put it.

I'm glad the season is here. That's all.

Beth

There's other things you could call this as well such as childish,foolish,Dumb and what fits all that to a tee?? The word that stands for most of it-- Politics.

The whole event was birthed from an intent to hurt two other events......why support something like that?

I do have some friends going but once again you bring up a valid point.

I asked a couple of guys today if they want to go and they said no. Still debating on going myself then because it's not to far from me. Who knows maybe I'm just wasting my time to think differently on some things. Will see.