Sign in to follow this  
jivewalker

Need wash mix advice

ok, washed the house on Saturday. I used 3 gals of 9% bleach, 2 cups of cascade, 1 large squirt of dawn. I downstreamed with my 2.8GPM 3000psi machine with a push/pull soab nozzle. Here is what I learned:

* I couldnt reach the peaks with my nozzle, barely reached the tops of my 2nd story windows. Any reccomendations given my machine specs?

* I learned how important it is to hold the bleach mix on the surface, my mix was running off too fast. I may break down and buy the simple cherry or equivalent.

* Rinsing was a pain, I need a different rinsing nozzle or something. A garden hose reached higher than the washer.

* my house is spotty the next day. The trim, where I could reach, looks great. The hardiplank has dark/light spots. I figure it will even out after a couple of rains, blaming it on poor rinsing. Next time, I'll do it when lots of rain is forecast.

* cascade did good job on lower windows, upper not that great but better. May need an extension brush or something.

I saw a set of 2 story soap nozzles at HD, are they worth it?

Thanks for everyones help. I want to wash it again in a couple months, but want to be better prepared. Any suggestions? Should I get an xjet? A soap shooter? What can I do to rinse better? How can I reach the gable peaks with my current machine?

I think you have a tip problem. If you can't find a 0 degree rinse tip for your machine, drill out one of the pressure tips.

As far as the Simple Cherry it's great stuff but I don't think was really part of your problem. It does not add much "cling" to housewash mix. Actually there's not a lot that will add cling because it's so diluted. Did you try adding any Dawn or Gain dish soap? A little is good but too much causes rinse problems and spotty windows. You will get nearly as good sometimes better results with the TSP substitute as with simple Cherry especially on hardie board. Use 2-3 cups in your 5 gallon mix bucket and about two ounces dawn or gain. Like previous poster said If you have a red "0" nozzle just drill it out to about 1/8. No one really needs a high pressure zero tip anyway they only cause damage.

Pat Norman 663-316-7685

Edited by Pat Norman