Sign in to follow this  
allisonhester

Wooden Docks

Question

Hey guys. I'm thinking of writing an article for the next eClean Magazine that talks about cleaning/restoring wooden docks (on the water). I assume they present some unique challenges? If you have ideas about what this needs to be covered in this piece, if you want to be interviewed, if you have photos or if you'd be interested in writing this article instead of me, please let me know ASAP. You can reply here, or email me at allison214@live.com. Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Allison,

Attached are 3 pictures you may use if wanted. I have higher resolution files if needed.

We work on a lot of wood, but this is the only dock that I recall. You may want to contact Adrian in the Houston, Tx. area (a moderator here on TGS). He refinishes a good number of fresh water docks.

post-170-137772459352_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772459362_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772459372_thumb.jpg

Allison,

Attached are 3 pictures you may use if wanted. I have higher resolution files if needed.

We work on a lot of wood, but this is the only dock that I recall. You may want to contact Adrian in the Houston, Tx. area (a moderator here on TGS). He refinishes a good number of fresh water docks.

Rick, I freaking love that second picture. Awesome work, as always. ( I know thats really a spacesuit Bro)

Yep, Allison I have quiet a few water projects under my belt.

Most folks cringe at docks and marinas. I love docks but join the cringers on the marinas.

Think in terms of clearing a parking lot on water or do a heck of alot of tarping. ugh!!!

Tons of challenges.

If you want to send the interview questions to my email as before on the deck resto interview. I ll do my best to answer them.

Maybe we can even field a few questions to Shane ( as I know he is biting his tongue on this thread).

Might even share another of my ( many) dead inventions for collecting the "stuff and gunk".

Comon' Shane...... jump in this one!!!!

Thanks guys! Adrian, I will email you some questions over the weekend and then maybe we can talk next week? You can let me know when a good time is for you. I can always talk evenings/weekends. Whatever it takes. Rick, great photos. Thank you! If you want to be interviewed, let me know.