Sign in to follow this  
secs

Advice Please

Can anyone offer advice on what equipment will be needed to efficiently clean storefront windows? I don't want to just "get by", but I also don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks for things I might only rarely use.

Also....any advice on getting accounts? Has anyone ever tried a "first cleaning fo free" tactic to make initial contact (maybe outside only), then when finished give them a price?

Thanks,

May I add that you may need an 14'-24' extension pole to reach high windows and sunroom type glass ceilings.

I noted rags, but if I may take it a bit further to sugggest window duty towels. They are designed to be more absorbent.

Beware of tempered glass. The process leaves micro fragments of glass that are temporarily bonded to the glass but, by the use of a scraper, you may actually create an even worse condition as it will cause scratches.

http://www.iwca.org/industry/glass_bulletin.htm

Rod~

Since the subject of scraping came up, always make sure to use new blades, wipe them off after each scrape and only go in one direction. This will help prevent scratches from careless back and forth scraping. Blades are fairly cheap, so change them often.