Sign in to follow this  
John T

Does "Owner operated rule"???

Question

I use to advertise myself as "Owner Operated". Some people loved that. Who wouldn't?? Years later I realized money made is more important but I still didn't want to sell my soul and sell garbage to anyone. So my guys are top notch. Better then I was.

So what is the goal besides making decent money? Does owner operator really rule when it comes to some work?

I'll give a little personal secret of mine. When it comes to what I consider wood restoration which to me is art... I would rather hire "Owner Operator" cause I want the "ARTIST".

Besides that what do you guys think?

1 answer to this question

It rules very much so.

I still go out 3-4 nights a week with the guys to clean for several reasons. Some are because I have known the owners of the places we clean for years and honestly enjoy thier company. Some are to make sure the job is done right. I like to think we put the best people out there but we all take shortcuts and the bottom line is if you want it done right do it yourself or at least be there to make sure it is done right. I also still like to get greasy here and there and pride myself that I can "out work" almost every guy I have working.

One other thing to consider is that if you are the owner and don't show up on some cleanings especially at mom and pop places who know you the owners feel slighted.