Sign in to follow this  
desi

invoicing

Do you usually give customers receipts after p.w their homes? If you are accepting payments via credit cards or check by phone, is it unprofessional to not leave an invoice at the customers home?

Desi, You can set up for credit cards very reasonable. I bought my terminal on ebay for $59.00. Retriever services program the terminal over the phone, waived my setup fee. It cost me 10.00 per month, .25 per transaction, 2.25% service fee. My volune doubled the first month I started adverstising Credit Cards

I bought my terminal on ebay for $59.00. Retriever services program the terminal over the phone, waived my setup fee. It cost me 10.00 per month, .25 per transaction, 2.25% service fee.

Hi Mathew. Will you provide us with the brand of terminal (model too) you're using as well as your services provider? Were there any stipulations like a minimum length of time in business before they would work with you? A great idea using the customer's phone jack instead of waiting to get back to the office (or calling it in). I may try to seek a cellular phone + modem solution not to bother the customer.

Thank you.

If you are able to accept CC's by phone, be sure that on the invoice you mark it clearly "Phone Order" and attach a receipt or mail later.

We always make sure the client has a copy of the invoice once the job is done.

Btw, make sure to get a signature before you begin work. Operating without an agreement in place is asking for someone to take advantage of you.

Rod~