Sign in to follow this  
desi

enclosed trailers

I have not had any problems with ventilation. I have the engine exhaust and burner exhaust aiming outside with no obstructions and the engine drawing fresh air. I happened to be in the shop buying supplies and saw competitor of mine had a problem with his machine which happened to be the same exact machine as mine. The machine was placed to the front of the trailer the exhaust not aimed completely outside. The engine was drawing some of the exhaust back into itself. Needless to say it blew up the engine prematurely.

Are there ever any ventilation problems with enclosed trailers?

Sure their are if you do not take adequate steps to set it up correctly. You need to vent the exhaust of the engine and the burner out of the trailer, in the least restrictive way, as well as making sure that the engine has an adequare source of fresh air, and isn;t boxed in a corner.

A vent to allow for gas vapor to escape on a hot day when you have it locked up is also not a bad idea.

I use an enclosed trailer setup. Right now my exhuast vents out the floor and I have 2 roof vents one of which has a fan blowing fresh air in. I will be addings some more fans soon. It gets a little hot in the trailer when I have both machines running. I have attached an old photo, I don't have the Burners any longer or all the chem tanks.

post-220-137772140011_thumb.jpg