Sign in to follow this  
John T

Residential cleanings-- didn't you wish every month was like May?

Question

I'm up early because I have a ton of things to do today. Usually my guys are gone before I get up on most days. They usually leave between 6:30-7am M-Sa this time of yr.

May is almost always our best month for Residential cleanings. We can't book jobs fast enough. Didn't you wish every Month was like May when it comes to residential cleanings?

5 answers to this question

Keep getting the most you can. Buy more trucks. Get the better equipment. Make your guys better and get them to be as efficient as possible.

How many jobs can your company do. What if you had 3 more trucks. Can you book 80 jobs a week and still be out 2 weeks. You will lose money if you are booked more than 10 days.

Big decisions if you want to get the most in a month.

What is the most your company can do in 1 month?

Keep getting the most you can. Buy more trucks. Get the better equipment. Make your guys better and get them to be as efficient as possible.

How many jobs can your company do. What if you had 3 more trucks. Can you book 80 jobs a week and still be out 2 weeks. You will lose money if you are booked more than 10 days.

Big decisions if you want to get the most in a month.

What is the most your company can do in 1 month?

Great Post Brian.

In my company setup we bring on some par timers when we get overloaded. Had 2 part timers working with us for 2 weeks so far recently. I have some huge jobs lined up down the road where I need to bring in upwards to 3-4 more part timers.

With that being said, I pay my 2 full-time guys year round so I don't buy anymore then the 2 trucks and 2 trailers I have because I'm not convinced I can keep guys busy enough year round.

Maybe I'm not that big of a risk taker.

You need to Max out in busy months to get the most your company can and lay off guys for 3 months. Let them make you and them more money when you can get it.