Sign in to follow this  
Robere

Citrus stain on Bluestone

Question

I accidentally got some citrus degreaser on some Bluestone while removing a rust stain on concrete next to it. ( ooops ) It wasn't totally dry when I left, but it looked like it discolered the Bluestone. If it did discolor it, is there a way to restore it?  Thank you

5 answers to this question

Depends on whether it is true 'blue stone' or colored.

Best thing is if it is colored just pick up a bag of it and add it to the areas affected.

Otherwise, rinse as best you can while keeping it in the joints.

Rod

Window cleaning. Removing rust stains from stone. Why?  "Hello Mr painter". "While your here, can you wire up these outdoor lights for me"?

Stick to what you know, & you wont have these problems.

Window cleaning. Removing rust stains from stone. Why?  "Hello Mr painter". "While your here, can you wire up these outdoor lights for me"?

Stick to what you know, & you wont have these problems.

Did you even read my post? You are very insulting. How does that help me? Yes, I've cleaned windows for 30 years but I've also pressure washed for 15 years. Is it not possible for a person to do ( and know about )more than one thing in their profession?  If you read my post, you'd see I was using the citric on CONCRETE next to the Bluestone and some ACCIDENTALLY got on the Bluestone. I KNOW how to get rust stains off concrete and that's what I was doing. I'm just honered to have someone like you on this forum that never had an accident while doing their job. Thanks for the info.

Depends on whether it is true 'blue stone' or colored.

Best thing is if it is colored just pick up a bag of it and add it to the areas affected.

Otherwise, rinse as best you can while keeping it in the joints.

Rod

Thank you Rod. I went by there today and it did not leave a stain. I was concerned.  I did rinse it really well as soon as it happened. Maybe it is fake Bluestone. Thanks for your advice.

No Problem.
I know what it is like to be asked to do various other projects and one learns from them in the doing.
We all started out new at many different tasks and had to learn things one way or another. I respect it when someone asks instead of just letting the

mistake be and **** off a customer.

Rod